Gwen Puppy's Portrait Session

brattyjedi

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Several weeks ago I got a random ad on Facebook for a competition for a local business. On a whim I entered, not expecting to win. About a week later, I got an email that my dog, Gwen, had won a portrait session (value of $250) and coupon towards a portrait (value of $300) at the pet photography studio whose competition I had entered. My husband rolled his eyes at me when I told him, but didn't much care. Until I told him that he had to come along for some family photos, too. He was a little put out at losing half of a Saturday to my ridiculousness, but he played along.

The photo session itself was fun for us and OK for Gwen. She got lots of treats to coax her into place and to get her to look the right way, and she didn't mind at first. But the flash pretty quickly started to bother her. It didn't take her long to realize every time we tried to place her and get her to stay put, that dreaded flash would follow and she didn't want to cooperate anymore. Because of that, one photo setup we tried that I really wanted didn't have any come out right - my husband and I in dog Dungeons and Dragons themed shirts (we are big table top gamers) and Gwen with her own dice toys. Oh well. We still got several good photos and have a ridiculous story to tell!

Pictures to follow!

brattyjedi

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
fefb6d0f01d6b87d66de43ff2bf79b81.jpg

Had to have a photo with her bunny toy. We get bunnies in the yard all the time and she barks at them through the windows and fence or tries to chase them.

8654c7f56ab697f145b3c29e87b05cbf.jpg

Loved their boat setup. My husband is a shipbuilder and we are Disney Cruise Line fanatics (got married on DCL) so the nautical theme seemed fitting.

b44f935bd9ee6749bd057a6b7133bdd1.jpg

Obligatory family photo. The photographer had us do some with Gwen sitting of the floor in front of me. He was getting ready to move us to a new setup when Gwen got up and sat on me and he told my husband and I to freeze. Gwen knew the best pose!

c70867ffbdff630cdc4c1706e47fc1ae.jpg

Gwen with her fancy portrait. She was annoyed I wouldn’t let her chew on it.

brattyjedi

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I love her name. Those photos are really nice.
Gee, I wonder why you’d like her name?

If you’d like a formal introduction, she’s technically the Lady Guinevere. She doesn’t like to stand on ceremony though. Or really she doesn’t know that she’s Guinevere not Gwen since her people pretty much always call her Gwen / Gwen Baby / Gwen Puppy / Gweny Gwen / anything but Guinevere.