• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PIN ID Has anyone ever noticed?

PIN ID Has anyone ever noticed?

OpieDoodle

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like this may be more noticeable with characters and movies that don't have as many pins out there as say Mickey Mouse which probably has thousands and thousands of pins out there of him.

Has anyone ever noticed how Disney reuses the same pin design over and over again?

Here's a couple I noticed, these are are little more frustrating because one is an OE pin and the other is from a LE500 set.

[The hector version from this set is even worst. It actually has 3 of the same exact pose one from a booster set, one from box lunch and the other in this LE500 set]

For those who are trying to be complete does this ever frustrate you? I hate having to buy the same pin over and over again LOL! I have quite a few pins that are similar but different but I'm just talking the ones where it essentially is the same exact pin.
JTpDZKX.jpg

9EW4b6a.jpg

Yes! Totally agree. I don't chase completist status very often and this is one of the main reasons.

My impress is the approval process for new art is lengthy, so using the stock is probably easier and cheaper than chasing Disney approval for something more imaginative.

I will even go so far as to say this is the top stock art for any pin.

I see this pose on a pin and I won't buy it.
03da6c5c01a9bfd5933f84cc0a52af04.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

For Wonderland, let me put it this way - these were pins released for the 50th Anniversary of the film:

pin6137th200
pin6139th200

Here are a couple of pins released last year - when the film celebrated its 70th Anniversary:

62126.jpg
62127.jpg

Over 20 years of collecting pins and still getting the repeats. lol

This is prevalent across the board. The only collection I have that this DOESN'T apply to is Robin Hood. There are a few pins with very similar artwork, but across the board the majority of pins are unique art. (I wonder if there just isn't much stock Robin artwork that pin artists have access too, so they have to use unique art?)

Zootopia is REALLY egregious with this. Judy seems to have three poses only.

Arms crossed:
s-l1600.jpg

Or holding her badge out:
s-l1600.jpg

Or, if the pin was released in Asia, there is her cutie style, usually also holding out her badge:
s-l1600.jpg

Back