• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Has this series been faked? / Are these pins fake?

Has this series been faked? / Are these pins fake?

raikipins

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Hi! I have two questions regarding fakes...

1) Has the Disney Dream Destinations series been faked? I've seen them on eBay for pretty low considering the retail price and how nice this series is, and many of the listings don't include a backing card. So I'm a little wary, especially since I'm seeking two pins from this series (BH6 & Peter Pan, the latter of which I may have found, provided I don't have to worry about fakes). If it has a backing card, is it likely to be okay, assuming my fears about this series aren't unfounded? ^^;

2) I'm pretty sure the following two pins are fakes (or at least the first one; the 2nd I'm strongly suspicious), but I just wanted to have it confirmed once and for all by someone who is more knowledgeable about these particular ones:

a) Pin 53634 Snow White in the Haunted Woods - Snowglobe Set (Pin Only) (supposedly)
L0Q54Dc.jpg

OzJ1qyz.jpg

NKD7NTr.jpg
The image on PinPics has glitter, and mine doesn't have that...

b) Pin 125020 DS - September 2017 Park Pack - Flower Frame - Version 3 - Queen Of Hearts
9gtl7OI.jpg

I9pmY1r.jpg

(I will try to get a better pic of the back if I can.)

Considering the Alice set, being the first and one of the nicest, was probably hard to trade for, and there were fakes being made of the set fairly quickly, I've always been rather suspicious of this pin I traded for. But I never could figure out the telltale sign, unlike the Ariel waves frame pin I've been seeking, where there was an obvious difference. I traded for this pin back in late November - early December 2017, so I dunno if that was already too late to have escaped the wave of fakes that soon circulated.

Any help or insight would be appreciated! :D

And this thread is open for other pin posts if anyone else has similar inquiries about possible fakes of their own or of series they're seeking. ^^

Last edited:
Hi! I have two questions regarding fakes...

1) Has the Disney Dream Destinations series been faked? I've seen them on eBay for pretty low considering the retail price and how nice this series is, and many of the listings don't include a backing card. So I'm a little wary, especially since I'm seeking two pins from this series (BH6 & Peter Pan, the latter of which I may have found, provided I don't have to worry about fakes). If it has a backing card, is it likely to be okay, assuming my fears about this series aren't unfounded? ^^;

2) I'm pretty sure the following two pins are fakes (or at least the first one; the 2nd I'm strongly suspicious), but I just wanted to have it confirmed once and for all by someone who is more knowledgeable about these particular ones:

a) Pin 53634 Snow White in the Haunted Woods - Snowglobe Set (Pin Only) (supposedly)
L0Q54Dc.jpg

OzJ1qyz.jpg

NKD7NTr.jpg
The image on PinPics has glitter, and mine doesn't have that...

b) Pin 125020 DS - September 2017 Park Pack - Flower Frame - Version 3 - Queen Of Hearts
9gtl7OI.jpg

I9pmY1r.jpg

(I will try to get a better pic of the back if I can.)

Considering the Alice set, being the first and one of the nicest, was probably hard to trade for, and there were fakes being made of the set fairly quickly, I've always been rather suspicious of this pin I traded for. But I never could figure out the telltale sign, unlike the Ariel waves frame pin I've been seeking, where there was an obvious difference. I traded for this pin back in late November - early December 2017, so I dunno if that was already too late to have escaped the wave of fakes that soon circulated.

Any help or insight would be appreciated! :D

And this thread is open for other pin posts if anyone else has similar inquiries about possible fakes of their own or of series they're seeking. ^^
Queen of Hearts has definitely been counterfeited. In fact @Jabberwocky has been trying to find a good one for a while.

Queen of Hearts has definitely been counterfeited. In fact @Jabberwocky has been trying to find a good one for a while.
Yup. Finding a real one of these has been a grail since it came out as I've never been able to complete the set. It was faked so quickly. And the fakes are very good. The only way to tell the difference is by a) knowing it is directly from Disney (something I've never managed to find in the 5+ years I've been trying to get a Queen from this set or b) having it next to another real one from the set.

There are paint color differences but you really can't tell from pics - you have to see the pin side by side and then you see the paint color is off on the fakes. They're really excellent quality otherwise.

I took some pics recently to try to compare after getting my 3rd fake Queen. It's still hard to tell from the pics but I'll try to post when i get the chance and explain what the differences are.

(Since it's such a pain to post pics here when i have to load them to another site first, this may take a while for me to get around to doing - sorry.)

Back