• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Have these Stitch pins been faked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have these Stitch pins been faked?

Tennokoh

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed on eBay that Pin 67929: DisneyShopping.com - Be my Valentine - Stitch - 6 Pin Set (Alice Only) and Pin 68065: DisneyShopping.com - Be my Valentine - Stitch - 6 Pin Set (Sleeping Beauty Only) have been appearing a lot lately. The sellers also have pins we are already aware of fakes such as Jessica as the Queen of Hearts and Jessica as Alice.

Does anyone have any information about these two pins?

Sleeping beauty has definitely been scrapped, and I think that Alice has as well.

I'm not an expert of scrap-liciousness, so don't quote me on the second one.

Based on the seller of the two Alice pins I could find, I would be highly suspect. The auctions I could find for the Sleeping Beauty one are 2 different sellers who are unknown to me, and they claim it comes on original card. Maybe it's a coincidence they are both for sale now. But I'm not really a follower of this level of pins, so will defer to others who know more.

Yes the have been faked. There was a discussion about them before but I can't remember when. I have personally seen the bad ones and the colors are much brighter. They look nice but when compared with a real one it is very obvious.

I tried to bid on the Sleeping Beauty and lost. However, I got a Second Chance Offer, about 3 minutes after the auction ended. Up goes the fake alert radar. The seller actually put up pics of the pin they were selling, and I looked at it closely; it looked HORRIBLE. Extra metal around the edges, the lines on Aurora's face looked felt tip pen thick, the colors were off... It was bad. I ended up declining and bought the whole set from a friend, brand new in all the bags, and the real one looks NOTHING like the auctioned fakes.

Out of curiosity, which of the pins from this set have been counterfeited? Just Alice and Sleeping Beauty? If so, how can one tell the authentic ones anymore!!!

tumblr_mbj0bkvffM1risusro1_400.gif

Ugh, this sucks because that whole set is one of my more wanted Stitch sets with Belle and Jessica in particular being among my most wanted pins ever :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back