• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WDW Heading to Disney end of Jan...Hidden Mickey?

WDW Heading to Disney end of Jan...Hidden Mickey?

OpieDoodle

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

So I'm heading to WDW end of Jan. We are going on a cruise first then off to WDW. We love chasing the current hidden mickey pins but I'm struggling to figure out what "wave" we are on. I recall seeing recently that wave C just hit the mystery bags in the store.

Is there a wave D or has it been announced yet?

I have seen the announcement for the new LE pins released in Jan but will there be one for OE as well?

PSA: Yes I am well aware the pins on the cast members are often fake, I have a 5, 3, and 1 year old who just do it for fun and I turn them into craft projects later as a souvenir of our trip! I go buy cheap authentic lots before we go and just hope for the best and let them have fun :)

I was just in WDW, and the last wave was Wave C. I do have to say that over the weekend it was very slim pickings and we didn't see any of the 2019 Hidden Mickey Pins at all on cast lanyards until Monday night in World of Disney and Tuesday night at our resort. We arrived Saturday morning and returned on Wednesday morning.

I was just in WDW, and the last wave was Wave C. I do have to say that over the weekend it was very slim pickings and we didn't see any of the 2019 Hidden Mickey Pins at all on cast lanyards until Monday night in World of Disney and Tuesday night at our resort. We arrived Saturday morning and returned on Wednesday morning.

Last time I went I was there 5 days (Sept 2018) and I literally didn't see ANY hidden mickeys until the last day then its like they all must have refreshed their lanyards because I got the whole stitch set and half the big feet collection. I would have been able to get more if they were on cast members through the week but since you can only trade with two each I couldn't finish the big feet set. :p

I'm the person that will stop every cast member for pins lol!

Last time I went I was there 5 days (Sept 2018) and I literally didn't see ANY hidden mickeys until the last day then its like they all must have refreshed their lanyards because I got the whole stitch set and half the big feet collection. I would have been able to get more if they were on cast members through the week but since you can only trade with two each I couldn't finish the big feet set. :p

I'm the person that will stop every cast member for pins lol!

My mother and I looked like meerkats with our heads swiveling everywhere looking for cast members. We went on a pin trading holiday and I got quite a few of the pins I needed and completed the whole Mickey and Friends Presents set! I was so excited!

It's been a while since I went to WDW but in general your best chance is at the various resorts (I monorail hopped and got a fair few) or AK

We often to meals at the various resorts and that's usually where I find them. I only found 2 out of the like 20 I found last time in the parks themselves. I more so was trying to figure out what hidden mickeys I'll actually be looking for since I can't find anything after wave C 2019

When I went earlier this month, I had a hard time but found a few that I will treasure! The gift shop at Yacht Club was a gold mine for HM's. I also found one on a manager at HS, and a very nice CM at AK asked me what I was looking for and I told him mainly the dog houses. He pulled one out of his pocket! :D

We often to meals at the various resorts and that's usually where I find them. I only found 2 out of the like 20 I found last time in the parks themselves. I more so was trying to figure out what hidden mickeys I'll actually be looking for since I can't find anything after wave C 2019

To my understanding, Wave C is the last that was released for 2019. I’m assuming with the New Year, another wave will hit in January that has yet to be released. Check out the 2020 Pin Releases thread for updates come January :)

Back