• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello from California

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello from California

Lisa Lopez

Pinpics ID lisarallen2
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Hi!

I just found out about this forum and I am very excited to have joined. I started pin collecting in 1999/2000 (brought in the new year in Disneyland) and trading some time after that. I traded for a few years and loved it. I did most of my trading through Pinpics. I essentially stopped because my husband didn’t understand the joy and excitement I got from it and didn’t support it. I’ve since gotten divorced, remarried, and have a wonderful new husband and 3 great kids.

My 2 older kids saw my collection and I told them about pin trading before we took a trip last May and they wanted to pin trade. I pulled some pins out of my collection and purchased a small lot on eBay, then let them have fun. I didn’t know about the rampant scrapper and counterfeit issues. Now I know the ones from eBay were scrappers and the ones from my collection shouldn’t have been used to trade with cast members since most of what they got in return were scrappers and counterfeit. I’ve been trying to educate myself on spotting the junk so none of us trade for them.

Both boys now have cork boards at home to display their collections and pin books to trade at Disneyland.

I have quite a few 15+ year-old-Pins. Many are not limited edition, but are not readily available these days, so I think many are just as good as a LE pin. It still seems to make it difficult to trade because newer pin traders are more focused on the newer pins - I mean, there are well over 100,000 pins on Pinpics and who has time to go through them all!! In the parks, traders haven’t seen them and don’t know how to determine what an equitable trade is and I’m still not sure on many.

I used to focus on Mickey and Friends and basically anything that seemed unique. I like pins that are in a series that I find interesting. Lately, I seem to be drawn to the teacups/Alice in Wonderland and villains. Both kids are now collecting Star Wars, one like Aladdin, and the other really wants to collect a puzzle of some sort.

I forgot to mention my third son because he’s only 2 and doesn’t know about pin trading....yet!

Anyhow, sorry for the novel :).

Lisa Lopez
Pinpics: lisarallen2
Clovis, CA (next to Fresno)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! How wonderful that you've been collecting for so long and that your kids are enjoying it with you! Alice in Wonderland and villains are both very popular to collect. My husband also enjoys the Star Wars pins.

Best wishes for many fantastic trades in the future!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum! I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. Having a lot of older pins sounds awesome! Personally, I'm not looking strictly only for new pins, but simply for designs that I like, so I'm sure you'll find people who think the same way. :)

Hi and Welcome!

I looked through your Pinpics and you have a pin I want (Cheshire 74976). Look through my traders and see if there is anything you would be willing to trade for it. My pinpics ID is the same as here: CCofRR13

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to pin trading! Yeah, back in the day there wasn't the issue with scrappers that we have today, but there is still lots of good quality trading to be had. And od course all that really matters is that you enjoy yourself and like what you get. Really glad to hear your sons are enjoying it!

And although you are right that there are lots of folks who only know/are interested in recent stuff, there's still plenty of interest in the older stuff. Interestingly, I literally just today did a trade for one of the early zodiac POMs that I've been holding all this time.

Hi and Welcome!

I looked through your Pinpics and you have a pin I want (Cheshire 74976). Look through my traders and see if there is anything you would be willing to trade for it. My pinpics ID is the same as here: CCofRR13

Sorry I didn’t respond right away - I thought I’d get notifications if someone replied to this thread, but I didn’t. So, I just saw all the welcome messages now! I recently started collecting the seven dwarfs mystery mine cars - would you be willing to trade Sleepy 99938 for Cheshire 74976?

Welcome! I have tons of Star Wars pins I am slowly going through to decide what I really need to keep. LOL

I started picking up the Star Wars pins for one son, then both, now I have to admit a few have made their way into my collection, too! My midde son’s room is entirely Star Wars with wall decals, a lightsaber lamp from Disneyland, and even a huge tie fighter hanging from the ceiling.

Hello and welcome! I'd love to visit the garlic capital of the world(?) some day! haha

OH WAIT.. i think i'm confusing clovis with gilroy... SORRY XD

You’re definitely thinking of Gilroy. They have a pretty big outlet mall that I enjoy. Fresno has only been known for car thefts, I think, lol

Sorry I didn’t respond right away - I thought I’d get notifications if someone replied to this thread, but I didn’t. So, I just saw all the welcome messages now! I recently started collecting the seven dwarfs mystery mine cars - would you be willing to trade Sleepy 99938 for Cheshire 74976?

Sent pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back