• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello From Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello From Chicago

stoomey

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Greetings from Chicago, IL. Just landed on DPF and am glad to have found it. Midwestern who became fond of Pin Trading on my frist trip to WDW in 2007. What started a just a fun little enhancement at the parks has turned into much more...and become something beyond just our travels to WDW.

Most of what we collect are Hidden Mickey Pins, Passholder and DVC member only pins and certain LE pins and sets.

Proud DVC members who make 3 to 4 trips per year. Because I hate the fact the numerous people purchase LE pins and them sell them on Ebay to make a nice profit, I will be posting my travels and will take pre-orders to purchase pins at cost for you. More to be posted as the trips arrive.

Look forward to being part of the group.

Thanks
Scott

Hi Scott, I am from the Kankakee area. My husband and I just found a love for pin trading on our recent trip this past Dec. We don't get there as often about every 2 years. Are you part of the trading group that meets in Naperville? We were thinking of trying it out.

Welcome to DPF Scott! We're out in the Western Suburbs. My son and I have been thinking about checking out Windy City Pin Traders at their monthly meets at the Fuddruckers in Downers Grove (this may be the group iheartpins mentions above). Have you done any local trading or mostly at the parks?

Hi Scott, I am from the Kankakee area. My husband and I just found a love for pin trading on our recent trip this past Dec. We don't get there as often about every 2 years. Are you part of the trading group that meets in Naperville? We were thinking of trying it out.

Just moved to Chicago recently and was not aware of a pin trading group in Naperville. Do you have any details? I would be interested in checking it out.

Welcome to DPF Scott! We're out in the Western Suburbs. My son and I have been thinking about checking out Windy City Pin Traders at their monthly meets at the Fuddruckers in Downers Grove (this may be the group iheartpins mentions above). Have you done any local trading or mostly at the parks?

I'll look into the Windy City Pin Traders. All my trading has been done at the parks.

Oh you're kidding, another Chicago area person! I just moved from there last weekend! Darn :/ Oh well. Glad to see another Chicagoan here! We're also DVC members, where is your resort? Welcome welcome welcome!!

Welcome, Scott! It's very kind of you to offer to purchase LE pins. :)

It's the least I can do If we can work together and help each other get the pins all of us want, we can hopefully put a stop to the people who buy a large quantity and then sell the for crazy profit on ebay and other online sites.

tumblr_m49pv3JMjQ1qk758e.gif

And welcome to DPF! Glad to hear you'll be helping other members out with pins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back