• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello to all and thank you for sharing the pin-trading love!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all and thank you for sharing the pin-trading love!

outrundaylight

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Greetings from NY! I'm relatively new to the pin-trading community, but can absolutely say that I have already been made to feel like a long time member of a wonderful community!

My wife and I went to Disney World for our honeymoon and in our research prior, the term "pin-trading" kept coming up. When we got to our resort, we inquired and thought nothing of it. However, the love of pin-trading took us by storm and literally by the end of the first day, we had spent more on pins then we had on food and souvenirs and were completely adorned with our new lanyards and asking cast members to see their pins. It was amazing.

When we returned home, we let it go as we decided it was a fun activity but it would be best to leave it with Disney World. But the itch of pin-trading has been in our minds ever since. I started looking up pins to trade on Tumblr, facebook and then was suggested to join this forum and here I am.

The people here have ALL been wonderful, welcoming and so incredibly friendly. It's not that awkward feeling you get when you go to a party and don't know anyone. It's instead like going to your best friends house and seeing all of your other friends there and everyone is so happy to see you! This is a great community and I'm thankful that I've been lucky enough to join.

The collection between my wife and I is still VERY small and all over the place, but we are slowly learning. There are tons of abbreviations that I have no idea what they mean and I'm still working on understanding the different levels of pins, but it's a wonderful experience. Thank you again to everyone for being so friendly and informative. I wish everyone happy hunting for their pins and that the Disney magic helps them find their holy grails!! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Welcome to the forum! Pin trading is the perfect way to extend the Disney magic at home, it's a great hobby. You'll surely meet many likeminded pin friends here.
Happy trading!

Welcome welcome! :D I'm sure those collections will grow much faster than you'd imagine. ;P

~Merlin

I'm sure it will. The key is now trying to limit myself to what characters I want to collect. But there's so many wonderful ones! Thank you again for your help and advice last week!

Welcome to the dpf community!! It's a very addicting hobby but absolutely worth it!

Definitely, agree. I'm a collector at heart and have a bunch of collections of different things, but with pin-trading, it's fun for each pin to have its own little story or memory with it. Thank you for the welcome!

Welcome to the forum! Pin trading is the perfect way to extend the Disney magic at home, it's a great hobby. You'll surely meet many likeminded pin friends here.
Happy trading!

Thank you for the welcome! I've already started making some friends (and mentors) and even people who I have not spoken privately to, I know we may become friends due to shared love of certain characters!

Welcome!!! I totally know what you mean - I'm always nervous being the "new kid" to a group or forum like this, but these folk are so awesomely nice~ Just makes ya feel right at home!~

Hello, welcome, and Merlin is totally right. I started late December, and my collection has exploded in growth T__T / ^___^ lol

Merlin has been awesome and I'm sure the collection will get insane lol Hopefully, I'll be able to not go TOO nuts since there are other collections to take care of as well.

Welcome! You're on tumblr aren't you? (Or your name is very close to someone on tumblr...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome to the Disney pin trading forum. Make sure you create a pinpics.com account (it's free) and add all your pins that you have for trade and all the pins that you want. It's a great way to start trading online and you can also use this forum to trade also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back