Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bingandnelsonfan, Nov 2, 2019.

1. bingandnelsonfan

bingandnelsonfan New Member

0   0   0

Hello! My Sister has been on here for a bit, and really enjoyed it. I got really enthused after she got to sign up for the Secret Santa, so I am going to get an account of my own! :)

I collect Beauty and the Beast pins! Some Belle, really like any outfits other than the gold ballgown (just too common). But I really like the Enchanted Objects (human or enchanted) and Beast/Prince. I have hopes of framing my collection one day, but right now have it on a board on our bedroom door!

I also collect Aulani pins and any pins with the Hula girl from the "It's A Small World" attraction, as well as Hawaii/Hula pins and some Lilo pins (but no Stitch).

I also collect Minnie Mouse pins! I started Minnie and my sister started Mickey pins so that we would be able to get pins when we trade at Disney Springs. So, Minnie pins are collected as I see one I like!

We live in Ohio (where it is always grey), in the country, and have three wonderful rescue cats - Oliver, Samwise, and Henry. Our Gramma lives an hour from WDW, so when we visit her every year, we get to trade at Disney Springs! Otherwise, our pin trading is through PinPics.

Hope to have some fun on here and enjoy more pins!
    Sarah

2. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Hi there! Welcome to DPF! I'm curious now, who's your sister?

3. bingandnelsonfan

0   0   0

stratasfan! She's my twin! We have a shared PinPics account, actually.

4. akarih

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Oooooh I was thinking that! Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. bingandnelsonfan

0   0   0

Oh, dear . . . We are transparent! -grin- I know she's talked about you a lot and always enjoys your "conversations" on threads! "Akari" is a beautiful name, BTW.

akarih likes this.
  6. akarih

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Aw, thank you! It's a Japanese girl's name even though I am neither female nor Japanese.

7. bingandnelsonfan

0   0   0

Well, it is really pretty! Was it a family name, or just something your parents' liked?

Dad's family is Cuban, and all speak Spanish, so our parents had to pick names that could be understood and said fairly easily in Spanish as well as English!

8. akarih

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

My parents just liked it. That's really cool about your dad, I've always wanted to go to Cuba!

9. bingandnelsonfan

0   0   0

That's cool! Dad's family escaped C. in 1962. they had a store and some plantations that they lost. Of course, they can't go back. It wouldn't be the same, anyway. :(

But, we have a bunch of photos that they smuggled out, so have some pictures of the family in Cuba and parts of their houses. :)

akarih likes this.
  10. Ajk

Ajk Part of the family.

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

Welcome to the forum!:lgm:

11. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    120   0   0

Hi Sarah! I just sent Elizabeth some Beauty and the Beast pins. I am guessing that they actually went to you - haha! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Welcome,
    Christine - fellow Ohioan

12. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    106   0   0

13. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Hi Sarah and Welcome! We're very glad you finally decided to make your own account and properly join the pinsane fun yourself! :)

halloweenfiend likes this.
  14. halloweenfiend

halloweenfiend You Had Me At "Pumpkin"!

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

Excellent intro!
    Welcome.

15. SnoozyBluez

SnoozyBluez New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Welcome! Happy pin trading!