• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

HELP! Counterfeit or Real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP! Counterfeit or Real?

dalakersrnumba1

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Hi does anyone have this:

Pin 54554: DisneyShopping.com - 'Stitch As' Series (Prince Phillip)

I traded for one and it came in the mail today and looks absolutely legit. The only thing is it feels very light and it's also thinner than most of my LE pins From Disney Shopping. Oh it also came on a backing card that didn't have the writing in shiny silver but rather just plain silver lettering. Here are a few pics:

c0fdcbd0.jpg

The front of the pin looks flawless and the glowing fire really glows!

92523be0.jpg

This is the back and it matches the PinPics waffle back description with everything saying the right thing except the text box isn't as prominent on this pin, as in you can't easily feel the box for the text.

8f4c04d8.jpg

This is trying to compare the thickness of the pin compared to another Shopping pin, Stitch as Sorcerer Mickey. I know it's not very clear that the pin is thinner but this is the case when comparing it to the rest of my Shopping pins (which are usually slightly thinner than auctions pins already).

If anyone owns one please let me know if it's supposed to be significantly thinner and lighter weight than other LE pins (as it seems as thick as OE pins) and if the back logo is supposed to not be as prominent and the backing card issue.

Im not crying wolf or trying to alarm the community but I just want to know if my pin is legit or not. Any help is appreciated and sorry for the bad pictures but my iPhone isn't n SLR.

Last edited:
Sorry. Pictures have been updated so if anyone can please help it'd be much appreciated! Also I realized when dropping the pin, it makes a different sound than when dropping a different Shopping pin. I don't know if that's any indication but it's another red flag to why I'm thinking it's not an authentic Disney pin.

Hi and thanks Bretu, but do you mind checking if your pin is thinner/lighter than most Disney Shopping pins like I believe mine is? Everything looks perfect to me but it's just the weight and the thinness that's really throwing me off! Like I've mentioned, I know Shopping pins are slightly thinner than Auction pins and even others, but this is thinner than my thinnest Shopping pin! I apologize for being so anal, I just really hope this pin is real and I'm just in disbelief that I have one.

It is always hard to tell by just a pic. But when i was learning about fakes. I thought the pin with the thick real easy to feel back stamp was the real pin. BUt as far as the HM candy corn set went.... The pin with thick back stamp was the fake. the real pin has a smooth back stamp. Also.... Usaly the thin pin that makes a tink noise like a fake coin or just cheap metal.... is the fake pin. make sure the wafle on the back has even lines that dont change shape. hope that helps a little

Thanks KTK70! That's the answer I've been looking for. The pin makes a tinkering noise when you drop it as if it were almost a plastic chip. I will use that, as well as the fact it is very thin for a pin of this caliber to justify the pin as a unauthentic. I mean everything else seems perfectly fine (although I don't have an original to compare it to) but the fact it feels cheap is the deal breaker. I'm pretty much settled on this but if anyone has the REAL PIN and can further breakdown the details for me, it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks again for the help people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back