• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

HELP! Do you know this flocked Duffy Disney Bear Pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP! Do you know this flocked Duffy Disney Bear Pin?

DFD1934

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I can't find any info on this pin in Disney Pin Place, or even PinPIcs.
I have searched numerous hours on the Internet.
Any of the Veterans here
are my hope in identifying and validating this pin.
It is rumored to come from WDW and DL.
Mint greenish-blue Flocked Duffy pin,
on a Disney card with all the appropriate tags and stickers.....
Thanks for any help here!

Jeff :donald:

duffyflock1.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Someone makes and sells these on eBay. They are not official pins, just customs. They add flocking and then color it with pen/dye. They have been doing it for a long time now. You won't find any info on it because it isn't a real thing produced in quantities by Disney. I hope this helps.

Someone makes and sells these on eBay. They are not official pins, just customs. They add flocking and then color it with pen/dye. They have been doing it for a long time now. You won't find any info on it because it isn't a real thing produced in quantities by Disney. I hope this helps.

Any chance you could pm me a link? These are adorable and I don't do duffy.

Thanks All!
I appreciate that help!
Was on the edge of buying one here in Japan that is up for sale at $80+ :anxious: !
If Beckysaurus or someone doesnt have a link,
maybe we could do a paypal thang if someone really wants it....

Yeah, it's probably that same person who does the "custom" dye jobs on the plush ones to fake the old colored Disney bears.

I legit don't know why people keep getting in bidding wars over them and spending stupid amounts of money on what is basically a OoaK or DIY project.

I feel bad for the people who can't figure out that they aren't *actually* the old bears (like, especially if they're Japanese or other overseas folks who can't read English).

Generally, I don't have a problem with people doing custom stuff, as long as you're honest about it. But something about the way they do these make my skin crawl. Probably since they saw the old colored bears doing upwards of a $1,000 a pop, and mimicked them specially to tap into that (even if they mention in small print that they dye them their selves). And for the pin....the way they leave the backing card on is kind of misleading and dishonest to me.

Thanks All!
I appreciate that help!
Was on the edge of buying one here in Japan that is up for sale at $80+ :anxious: !
If Beckysaurus or someone doesnt have a link,
maybe we could do a paypal thang if someone really wants it....

Oh crud, I don't want one any where near that bad. They are cute, not gold. :lol:

Hey guys,

I'm sorry, I haven't been able to find any old listings for this pin. I searched for a while and they must have all expired. I recall lots of different colors, but I also remember being a bit wary because it didn't say "custom" anywhere in the listing. They would sell between $30-80 and I had a feeling it was mostly people who thought it was a super rare pin, when it's not. It's like how people dye their own duffy bears and sell them as OOAK rare duffies.

Anyhow, the point is, I can't find it. But I recognize it as the same person who made these like a year ago.

"oh crud, I don't want one any where near that bad. They are cute, not gold. :lol:"

LOL docfish 2u, thats how I feel, a bit to much for me to handle. I had some one emailing me alot to please identify and buy this pin if possible.
No word back, they probably are lookin for authentic pins like me. Beckysaurus, again i appreciate your help on this issue. Jeff
:donald:

Hey guys,

I'm sorry, I haven't been able to find any old listings for this pin. I searched for a while and they must have all expired. I recall lots of different colors, but I also remember being a bit wary because it didn't say "custom" anywhere in the listing. They would sell between $30-80 and I had a feeling it was mostly people who thought it was a super rare pin, when it's not. It's like how people dye their own duffy bears and sell them as OOAK rare duffies.

Anyhow, the point is, I can't find it. But I recognize it as the same person who made these like a year ago.

Hold on, people dye Duffys to make them rare?! wow

Yeah, it's probably that same person who does the "custom" dye jobs on the plush ones to fake the old colored Disney bears.

I legit don't know why people keep getting in bidding wars over them and spending stupid amounts of money on what is basically a OoaK or DIY project.

I feel bad for the people who can't figure out that they aren't *actually* the old bears (like, especially if they're Japanese or other overseas folks who can't read English).

Generally, I don't have a problem with people doing custom stuff, as long as you're honest about it. But something about the way they do these make my skin crawl. Probably since they saw the old colored bears doing upwards of a $1,000 a pop, and mimicked them specially to tap into that (even if they mention in small print that they dye them their selves). And for the pin....the way they leave the backing card on is kind of misleading and dishonest to me.

Agree with everything you've said. This is a bit upsetting to me. Between pins on eBay and other things I've collected from there, I've become so paranoid and OCD about quadrupole-checking sellers, counterfeit reports, descriptions, history, etc., I really wish it didn't have to be like this. =/

Did duffy use to be another colour ?
Before duffy had a name, he was called "the Disney bear." He was made in a few different colors. More info on Wikipedia. Some people dye new duffy bears to make "one of a kinds" and sell them. I get customs, and I applaud people for their creativity. What I don't like is people making customs in an attempt to pass them for the same licensed production bears. It confuses collectors and the general public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back