• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Help Is this Pin Fake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help Is this Pin Fake

anzaryaa

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0

In the second picture the one in the bottom is mine and the one in the top is the one someone just gave me. They look different.

Yeah it is fake. Look at how thick the lines are around the eyes and ears and well everywhere. That's one of the top signs. Good job looking out!!!

I do believe that pin is an open stock pin that had more than 1 release run. It is possible to have variances between the pins from the different runs. Disney has even used different factories between production runs of pins in the past. How do the backstamps compare? You always want to make sure you are comparing a pin to another one from the same production run on open stock pins. The same way you never want to compare a pin to a different pin in a series. Always compare apples to apples.

Production runs never ever have that specific kind of variance. The line thickness on pins has always been a source of comparison. Thick lines only show up on fakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.