Help with Archiving/Saving My Blog?

GroguFan

previously known as BingandNelsonFan
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've noticed quite a few mentions since the hack about some of you having been able to save pieces from old websites or finding them archived. So, I'm hoping that one (or more) of you can help me.
I've got a Weebly blog that's for all our American Girl doll photo stories and things like that. I'd like to be able to save it in some way as a backup/archive. Sadly, Weebly doesn't offer a way to backup blog posts right now. Anyone know of a way that I could save this, just in case something ever happened to the live site?

This is the blog:

There's also a second blog area running in there:

If it's possible to save the whole thing or only just certain entries, that would work. It's certain entries that I'd really not like to lose.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

noone

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There may be a much simplier way to do this, but one way is to visit the page and go up and click "File" "Save As" and then you can save the html of the site. Likely it will only save the web address of the photos, so if the site was ever lost you would have to go back and re-insert your images back in. Similarly you could simply highlight the whole page copy it and paste it into one long Word document. The downside with both of these methods is you would need to click through your blog to get to each additional page to save or copy it (at least with the Word doc way you could combine it all in one document if you wanted). Which depending on how long your blog is could take awhile. You can also save as text only, or copy paste as text only if you don't need to back up all the photos which will likely take up alot of disk space if they are higher resolution.

There maybe a faster and more elegant way to do this, but at least this way would give you some kind of a backup if the worst happened. :)

GroguFan

previously known as BingandNelsonFan
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
There may be a much simplier way to do this, but one way is to visit the page and go up and click "File" "Save As" and then you can save the html of the site. Likely it will only save the web address of the photos, so if the site was ever lost you would have to go back and re-insert your images back in. Similarly you could simply highlight the whole page copy it and paste it into one long Word document. The downside with both of these methods is you would need to click through your blog to get to each additional page to save or copy it (at least with the Word doc way you could combine it all in one document if you wanted). Which depending on how long your blog is could take awhile. You can also save as text only, or copy paste as text only if you don't need to back up all the photos which will likely take up alot of disk space if they are higher resolution.

There maybe a faster and more elegant way to do this, but at least this way would give you some kind of a backup if the worst happened. :)

Thank you SO much for this! It saves everything but the photo slideshows, and for that, I'm able to use the "Web Capture" option in the Edge Browser to save a reminder of what photos I used. I so appreciate this help, and I feel so much better backing it all up.

Reactions: Ajk

noone

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
happy it worked for you :tigger: Just remember it only catches the page that you are on and you will need to click through each page to capture everything :)

coblj003

DPF Charter Member
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
44   0   1
Since it hasn’t been mentioned, a perfect way of saving full webpages for offline viewing is as a .PDF file. It’s a quick way of saving the entire visible webpage for future reference and you can view it on multiple platforms(phone, computer, etc). The only drawback is everything is a static image if there were any interactive media...