• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey !

DisneyMum1972

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:wavey: Hi everyone !!
I'm Stacey and I'm a mum of 5 from Brisbane AUS.
In October this year, my hubby and I are bringing our 11 and 4 yr old sons to Disneyland.
I wanted to start a pin collection for them both before we go there. A little background story, they both don't know we are going and will find out when we get to the airport !
So I wanted something to present them with !
Wheres the best place to buy authentic pins that will ship to Australia ?
Are there starter packs to purchase ?
Thanks !

Welcome to the forums, Stacey! :fig:

That's a wonderful treat for your sons! How are you hiding it from them? Do they know they're flying somewhere, just not where? :D

The best place to buy authentic pins that you're going to use for park trading is on the forums, IMHO. There are plenty of people liquidating their traders at or below cost. Not all of them might ship to Australia, but you should be able to find some that will. You can get great traders for $4USD, $3USD, or even $2USD per pin in some cases.

Just don't buy the big lots off eBay that go for $.50 per pin or less. Usually those lots are filled with counterfeits.

Best of luck with your trip!

Hi Stacey! Wow, that's so amazing of you.
Now, I would go with what GreyWyvern advises. Don't waste your time with cheap pin lots on eBay. They're mostly a scrappers or counterfeit. A yard sale I went to last autumn had a bunch of trader pins for $1 each.. That's a pretty good deal but I'm not sure if you can find something like I did. You can order some pin starter packs with characters from their favorite movies? I'm not too into pins so I can't give you the best advice, but welcome and good luck!

Welcome! I hope you have a great trip! And I know that there are some traders here who are selling traders for the prices which GreyWyvren has said. A couple may even be in Australia! I hope it works out well. :)

Welcome Stacey!!! :wavey: You and your family are going to have such an amazing time, cannot wait to hear what you sons' reactions were when you all arrive at the airport!!! :bigthumb:

What a great surprise for your kids! As the others have said, if you post in the For Sale\Wanted forum I am sure that those with traders to sell and perhaps who live in Australia will respond. I am also a relative newcomer to DPF and have bought a few pins here and there and must say it is one of the best features of our community of pin addicts here (!) And, if you have specific wants (interests that your children have), members will respond with specific pins for those tastes. Good luck and have " a magical time" at Disney !

Hi, welcome to DPF! Just look on these forums for anything you like and i'm sure you'll find something your fancy!

Welcome, amazing trip you have planned. The kids will be thrilled I am sure once you announce the big news, what a great idea to have some pins ready for them. The more pin traders in the parks the better, enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back