Hi from me

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Koda Pup, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Koda Pup

Koda Pup New Member

0   0   0

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, obviously, though have been following for awhile, and now formally joining.

Been in the hobby a short time, only about 1 1/2 years. My main pin collection is Brother Bear. I know, not one of the most popular or epic Disney films, but one of my all time favs and very close to my heart. It's been both fun and frustrating collectin BB pins, since they're fairly rare and hard to find, but I have a decent collection with some grails - I have a handful more I'm after, but having trouble finding.

My other two fav Disney films are Zootopia and Lilo and Stitch. I want to start small pin collections. The Zootopia pins I love are hard to find at attainable prices, and Stitch has so many pins it's overwhelming

Besides Brother Bear, I only hav a very small misc animal pin collection -Animal Kingdom, 101 Dal, Lion King, big cats like Raja an Bagheera, that I'm looking to expand

So yeah, that's my into :D

krand1276 likes this.
  2. akarih

akarih Disappearing Cat Enthusiast

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Nice to meet you! Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Welcome to the Forum! :lgm: Yeah, Lilo and Stitch (or even just Stitch) is pretty much at the opposite end of the pin quantity spectrum from Brother Bear. :D

4. MischiefMade

MischiefMade Ghost Dog Trainer

0   0   0

Welcome to the Forum! If you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask! Everyone is super friendly here!

5. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Yay! Another Brother Bear collector! I'd love to see your collection if you feel like sharing. :)

6. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

7. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    397   0   0

Welcome:lgm:

8. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    120   0   0

Hi and Welcome!

9. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Welcome! We're very happy that you've finally decided to join!

I think it's wonderful that you're collecting themes/characters that 'speak' to you rather than going by what is the most popular/attainable. The best pins to collect are the ones that you love and make you the happiest. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask them; I'm sure that someone will be more than happy to answer them for you.

10. Koda Pup

Koda Pup New Member

0   0   0

Thanks everyone!

AJK - yeah, there's the opposite issue with Lilo and Stitch. Is there anyone here that's attempted to become a completist?

Caw caw rawr - I'll have to post a pic at some point. Don't know if I need a certain number of posts to post pics though. I saw an older thread with your BB collection and it's fantastic (along with your up and new groove collections. Not sure if you have more now - if so do you have an up to date pic of your BB collection? Was it an easy collection for you to build since you started earlier, or still hard since they're aren't too many?

caw caw rawr likes this.
  11. Koda Pup

Koda Pup New Member

0   0   0

Dancecats - thanks! I try to be careful and only add what I love to my collection. I love animals so there;s still a lot of narrowing down. I only try to get ones that I love and must have - if I'm not sure, or have to think on it, it's prob something I don't need

Do some people really only collect popular for the sake of it? I get getting popular traders, but why collect them otherwise?

12. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

People collect/trade pins differently. Some people start with their main character(s)/theme(s) and adhere to those. Other people start with one theme, collect that for a while, and switch to something else as their moods/whims change ... and that's perfectly fine. Some people care about what's popular and only want to collect that; other people collect what they love and couldn't care less whether that's the current pin trend. That's what makes pins so great - there's no right or wrong way to collect/trade.

krand1276 likes this.
  13. akarih

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I started off as a full on Cheshire and Alice collector and now Cheshire is my secondary collection and my main collection is Tiana! I also have like 5 side collections with only 1 pin in them though I hope they grow....

14. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

I collect everything, it’s problematic. Chalk it up to being new I guess and still trying to figure out what I truly enjoy. I’m noticing certain themes emerging. I.e. I wouldn’t consider myself a Peter Pan collector but i do collect Peter Pan with his shadow. :))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. akarih

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Every time I watch a Disney movie I start a side collection it's a really bad habit

16. Koda Pup

Koda Pup New Member

0   0   0

That's a good explanation. Sorry I wasn't trying to imply I think there's only one way to collect. I understand changing tastes and expandin and tightening collections. Just confused that people would intentionally get pins of things they didn't like but want to keep due to popularity

17. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

I'm excited to see it whenever you can. :) My Brother Bear collection just kind of grew. It was easier because I wasn't looking to be a completest in the beginning. I just snatched up pins when I saw them. Granted, the hobby was a tad less expensive when I started and BB pins were not that popular so with patience I was able to find most of them pretty affordably. Now I can pretty easily stay on top of new pins as they are pretty few and far between. My advice with this collection is to be patient and have fun with it. I've been able to find even the pins I thought didn't exist. Also, it helps to pretend that the le100 filmstrips don't exist. ;)

Not a great pic but here's what my collection looks like now:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Koda Pup, ItzaPinfan and krand1276 like this.