• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

HMs - which ones are real/fake? (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HMs - which ones are real/fake? (pics)

trudms06

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have looked through my HM pins and discovered that some of them have slight differences on the back compared to other pins in same series.

Are anyone able to tell/confirm if any of my pins are counterfeit?

Princess frames - Belle has a more raised backstamp than the other two. Also, Jasmine has two nubs, while Cinderella only has one nub.
4181d740caf046c994e95ee4bcf6f903.jpg

a4562f5224a3d855196d68bd4ba26646.jpg

Wanted posters- Jafar has a more raised backstamp
5014f9ba1b9ebb6c9f4bb214cf161a8a.jpg

605c231ac7501125b27f0f8f678395a2.jpg

Three Caballeros - José has more defined lines on front and raised backstamp
a8660139e17ead075f6b13d67f88ec9f.jpg

6d98f6c3b328e692540ed5d65fdb37f3.jpg

The pins below I only have one from each series. Can anyone tell if any are bad?
ff25c0599780f02454a6e1550dc25468.jpg

c4a02ad74a0beb4a04e45a282b2ec421.jpg

Any help is much appreciated!! :) The pics are downscaled, but hopefully still clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! I can't say about the backs, but one thing I've learned to look for on Hidden Mickeys is the shape of the Mickey icon. Some fakes will have what I think of as a "squished" looking icon, like you took a mickey head cookie cutter to some dough, but then flattened out the shape with your hand. Take a look at your Belle frame and your Jafar wanted, for example, and compare them to the others. Those two look like definite fakes to me, from what I can see in the pictures.

Anyone else with any thoughts? :) Does anyone have these pins and are able to spot any differences? Can the nubs be different as seen in the first picture? (Jasmine vs. Cinderella)

Any help or comments are highly appreciated. I am considering parting with my US Hidden Mickeys (unable to keep up), and want to be as sure as I can be that I don't offer any scrappers or counterfeits.

Not all real Disney pins have two prongs on the back. Some have one or none. But the fact that you have two pins in a set that have two prongs on the back (Jasmine and Belle) while Cinderella just has one, makes me think the Cinderella is a scrapper. Also, the Cinderella pin has kind of a point at the heart at the bottom, where the other two are more rounded out. That also makes me think it is a scrapper because no real Disney pin has sharp, or close to sharp, edges. Real pins are more rounded out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back