• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: How about another fun 48 hour auction? Any Darkwing Duck fans out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: How about another fun 48 hour auction? Any Darkwing Duck fans out there?

echoharmony

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
This auction will end on Sunday, July 15th at 9pm Pacific Time!

Welcome to another fun auction by me! Please be sure you're familiar with DPF's Trade Auction Rules, and have fun! Up for auction we have...

pin6829
Pin 6829: Darkwing Duck as Double O Duck

It has 8 people trading it with 16 wanting. As always, only pins count as bids, no cash will be accepted! Bids placed privately or after the auction's end time will not be considered!

Please feel free to bid pins that you don't have in your hand yet, and/or pins that are not out yet!

There is no reserve on this auction, so please have fun! I'd love to see lots of bids, I enjoy seeing what kinds of pins are out there!

Some things to help you gain an edge...

Pins I like:

-Pins on my want list, Disney Auctions pins, Japan pins, Stitch, Jessica, Haunted Mansion, Nightmare Before Christmas, Princesses, Villains, PODMs, keys, pirate ships, fantasia creatures(sprites and whatnot), etc. have fun with this one!

Pins I don't care for:

-Hidden mickeys/cast lanyards, vinylmation pins(for the most part, due to scrappers), booster pack pins, sedesma, propins, rack pins still available.

The key to this auction is to HAVE FUN! There are so many pins out there, I love seeing stuff I didn't know existed! Even if you don't have something on the list above, feel free to bid! It doesn't hurt, and you never know what I take a liking to! Thanks for looking, and happy bidding!!

The first PTN I went to (And only one lol) I learned about this pin...

Random fact:
This isn't really Darkwing or him as someone else. Double O Duck was the proto type for Darkwing with concepts and designs nobody liked. There was limited success with the Double O Duck and in the end had to change the characters name to something else because of copyright infringemnt with another company using that name. The character Double O Duck was in an episode or two of Ducktales also.

They're sort of the Same character but not.

Love Darkwing though.

Yep, Double O Duck was the original name of the character, however the James Bond camp had a problem with it and threatened to sue, so they changed him to Darkwing Duck! This pin was made for an event advertising and promoting new afterhoon tv shows, before those changes had taken place! I like the history on this pin :)

When I was little I loved watching Darkwing Duck he was so awesome. When I first started pin trading I went out and traded for the whole
Disney Club set found here http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=143.

Also, what happens when I started trading. I say to my mom and dad we need to keep a magnifying glass in our pins books. So my dad goes
into a closet somewhere and pulls out an Darkingwing Duck Themed magnifying glass. Thats right the purple one. I was like where the hell did
that come from and why have I not been playing with this thing for years?

Thanks for your bid and for sharing your story!! Haha that's awesome, I want a DWD magnifying glass!!! I grew up with Gummy Bears, Thunder Cats, then later on Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, Tail Spin, Duck Tails, etc. love love love!

Oh, that was by no means a full list. It would be a mile long and also include snorks, care bears, my little pony, jem and the holigrams, he man, she ra, and more!! hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back