• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How many pinbacks are in the bag???

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many pinbacks are in the bag???

TheGrimGrinner

Mortals pay a token fee
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 95.3%
61   3   0
Hey all!

So a little back story. As some of you know, I recently moved, and was unpacking a box today. I came across one of my many storage bags full of pin backs. I got to thinking, how many pin backs are probably in this bag. So instead of just amusing myself, I thought we'd make a little fun out of it!

Here's the bag:

b5a8f9da.jpg
fdd553c2.jpg

Here are some facts about the bag:
- Bag is filled with (mostly) mickey pin backs, but includes, butterfly clasps, and other pin backs released by Disney.
- The bag stands 8 3/4" tall (including zip closure), and pins are filled up to 7"
- The bag is 3 1/2" deep at it's thickest point
- The bag is 4 1/2" wide
- Total bag weight (pinbacks included) = 1 Pound 8.9 ounces

Rules:
- Contest starts today, 6/22 and ends Friday, July 1st at 11:59pm PST
- Please ask questions and details about the bag or pinbacks in this thread. I know it is difficult to see details over the web, so I will try and do my best to get an answer for you, and it will be posted in this original post under the facts section.
- All members are allowed ONE official guess. You may post as many speculations as you would like in this thread, but please make it clear which guess is your official guess. Once you have made your official guess, it cannot be changed.
- The winner will be determined by the person who is closest to the actual number of pinbacks in the bag WITHOUT GOING OVER.
- EDIT: There will be several prizes awarded for this contest as follows.
--GRAND PRIZE: The DPF member who guesses the EXACT number of pinbacks in the bag will receive 1) Pin #84512 - Jessica Rabbit Characters - Dressed as The Gibson Girl. 2) Pin 73908 - DisneyStore.com - Jumbo Disney Villains Series - Maleficent. and 3) a DPF Fantasy Pin.
--FIRST PRIZE (to be awarded only if the requirements of the "Grand Prize" have not been met). The DPF member who guesses the closest number of pinbacks, without going over, will receive: 1) Pin #84512 - Jessica Rabbit Characters - Dressed as The Gibson Girl and 2) a DPF Fantasy Pin
--SECOND AND THIRD PRIZE: The DPF members who guess the 2nd and 3rd closest number of pinbacks, without going over, will receive a DPF Fantasy Pin.
- I do not know the answer, and I'm not even counting until after contest close. Don't try to bribe me for it.
- Rules can be changed without notice at my discretion. I probably won't, but throwing it in there, just in case!
- Good luck and have fun!

And now for the pin up for grabs!

223bca2f.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Grim.

First and foremost, THANKS FOR THE COOL GAME AND PRIZE...
OK, based on the mass and diameter and heigth of the bag and the weight of a mickey pin back and the amount the bag bulges, I would say its between 100 and 10,000

So Since this means nothing, I will say 793, NO! 795, NO! OK My official guess is 799 (sevenhundrednintynine)

Thanks Grim

Ugh, if I were a smart man, I would've thought of a similar contest.

I officially dig this. :bigthumb: Hey, Grim, can I throw in a pin if someone guesses the EXACT number?

Okay, I've created several tiers for winners. Not only are we including Jesse's awesome pin, the top three guessers will receive a DPF Fantasy pin!

Well, I have asked my dog, Destiny, who just graduated from obedience school, and she barked up 1177.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back