• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How to post thumbnail pinpics pic with link

How to post thumbnail pinpics pic with link

HeatherFeather

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Hi,

I am baffled as to how people can post the little thumbnail pic from pinpics and then next to it have the title of the pin and when you click on that it takes you to the pinpics page for that pin.

In the past, I've been able to post pics but I just can't figure out how people are able to do the above. Appreciate some instructions if anyone can help.

You can just copy and paste from your wants, trades, collection, or search page. When you do so, it will copy not only the image data and code that allows it to be clickable.

I've never been able to cut and paste. And I've had a bit more difficulty with the new setup, it's like it keeps trying to do what it thinks I want, not what I actually want.

First thing I have figured out to do is click the first button in the Quick Reply, which is: Switch Editor to Source mode. Then I can see all the BB code.

Then to insert a clickable image:

1. Go to pinpics and find the pin I want. I copy the address of the URL in the browser
2. Click the Link button, and paste the URL
3. Then I see , in brackets something like URL="a web site ] a website again and then the closing URL tag
4. In the middle, I can see an http and an address. If I leave that you will see a text link, but I want a picture
5. So I go back to Pinpics, right click on the pin picture and I see "copy image URL" and so I do that
6. Then highlight all of the link between the brackets that I don't want, and then hit the insert image button.
7. Paste in the image URL which I copied in step 5. If I want the thumbnail size I add the th72 on the end of the url.

So you should end up with something like URL="a website link"] URL IMG picture link /IMG /URL (with the brackets where they are supposed to be )

and then you get:

U
nfortunately, all browsers are different. I think you might have had to do the cut & paste in Internet Explorer. I was never able to get it to work in Firefox, or what I normally use, which is Chrome. I could either paste a URL or an Image but not both at the same time.

Also, if our webmasters are reading, I noticed when other people tried to cut and paste since the upgrade, that the images and links were starting out with disneypinforum.com and not pinpics.com like they should. So I don't know if an autofill is messed up somewhere.

Last edited:
ok i tried something and it worked! i copied from pinpics to a word document. Then from word into here! Yay!! =)

Back