• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I could use some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could use some help

doodlebug86

Switzerland
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Ok guys, I just got this Max pin from eBay. I had seen Laz's thread before about the scrapper Max. So I wanted some feedback on this one. Paint looks good, so does the back but... its silver and the weight feels weird.
MaxCheck.jpg

The seller does accept returns, So I'd like to get back to them asap.

I've also got these guys sitting in my trading book. I got them in a lot sale before I knew about fakes and scrappers. They were individually wrapped, both have scrapper warnings on them. both are highly questionable. I don't want to trade them without knowing. the main issue is that I had two Mary Poppins before I knew about fakes and I traded one. So I'm worried I unknowingly gave someone a crap pin.
Any help would be great.

MP.jpg

MickeyChristmas.jpg

I can't say about the first two since I have never seen them in person, but the metal color on Max is very, very suspicious regardless of the front. Every time this issue has come up on DPF the fakes are always silver. As to the last pin, the very first pin I thought I got that was a "good" one (LE100) was that same pin. Of course, I got the fake. By your pics, the paint dips are there, brush strokes, etc. all the signs. I will be the one to say that the Mickey/Tiny Tim is definitely fake, sorry ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back