• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I Got My 25th Anniversary Disney Store Ears!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Got My 25th Anniversary Disney Store Ears!

Remus_Lupin91

Snow White Lover
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
We went at 9:30 this morning to Westfarms Mall (Hartford, CT) and waited in line to get our mickey ears! much to my surprise there was already 80 people there!!!!! :D Victor and I were number 82 & 83 after waiting for atleast 5 - 10 more minutes the line has stretched past Macys doors! The Cast Members kept us amused with trivia and even talked to us about the parks. When the time came the Cast Member shouted: 'Are you ready to celebrate the Disney Store's 25th Anniversary!' we all shouted yes and cheered. They took us in as a line and one at a time gave us our hats! They even greeted us with smiles and asked us trivia as we waited in the store. I got to see the 25th Vinyl while i waited and it was BEAUTIFUL! Crystal Vinyl that lit up :) well anyway we got to the front finally and we go our ears and put them on a soon as we got them! we wore them all the way out!!!! SO MUCH FUN! ^-^ Did you do today too? tell me your experience with the 25th!

032812112025 (1).jpg

WE went Merriville/Hobart Disney store and We got the 4 of us ears..they were lined up too
apparently our store opened at 9AM as alot walked out with ears before 10am when the store
normally opens..I will tell you the Cast Members were great!!!ITS the other guests that were RUDE!!
I do not know if theres spring break in other parts of Indiana(around Valpo/Hobart and such
but there was SOOOOO many kids and they were school age too,this would of not bothered me
but several had Nintendo DS,playing with them in the store!!and so many strollers too,and the parents were really rude too
I was trying to look at clearance items,I had asked several times if I could see...this one lady goes"YOU can wait your turn"
and I am still looking,ALL she had to say was"I am still looking I will be done in a second"and I would of been OK with it
I bought my vinylmation 25th Anniversary mickey with confetti,its actually very pretty..keeping mine the box.Larry got a Cheshire Cat POP
figure and Robbie got the CARS 2 pack of Vinyls..

That was my take on the EARS give-a-way

Woot! Glad I wasn't the only one to go get these! I took pictures of the opening of the store here in Van Nuys along with the hats and some stuff they were doing this morning.

10 minutes before the store opened. Good sized line, but not 250 people.
IMG_2024.jpg

They then invited us to gather around the entrance for the store opening. Again, there weren't 250 of us so we were pretty much guaranteed the mickey ears.
IMG_2025.jpg

Here's a video of the store opening.
[video=youtube;8t61UzB1h5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t61UzB1h5k&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Passing out the hats.
IMG_2037.jpg

Woot, button too!
IMG_2032-1.jpg

They had some games to play and the reward was a sticker.
IMG_2045.jpg

Which hat is Tink hiding under?
IMG_2041.jpg

Vinylmation released today. I figured I should buy a second one to trade.
IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

Woot!

Last edited:
Woot! Glad I wasn't the only one to go get these! I took pictures of the opening of the store here in Van Nuys along with the hats and some stuff they were doing this morning.

10 minutes before the store opened. Good sized line, but not 250 people.
IMG_2024.jpg

They then invited us to gather around the entrance for the store opening. Again, there weren't 250 of us so we were pretty much guaranteed the mickey ears.
IMG_2025.jpg

Here's a video of the store opening.
[video=youtube;8t61UzB1h5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t61UzB1h5k&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Passing out the hats.
IMG_2037.jpg

Woot, button too!
IMG_2032-1.jpg

They had some games to play and the reward was a sticker.
IMG_2045.jpg

Which hat is Tink hiding under?
IMG_2041.jpg

Vinylmation released today. I figured I should buy a second one to trade.
IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

Woot!

that was the greatest store opening EVER!!!!!!!! i've never seen such a awesome cast member! it was like being at the park ^-^ so cool! where is that store at?

WE went Merriville/Hobart Disney store and We got the 4 of us ears..they were lined up too
apparently our store opened at 9AM as alot walked out with ears before 10am when the store
normally opens..I will tell you the Cast Members were great!!!ITS the other guests that were RUDE!!
I do not know if theres spring break in other parts of Indiana(around Valpo/Hobart and such
but there was SOOOOO many kids and they were school age too,this would of not bothered me
but several had Nintendo DS,playing with them in the store!!and so many strollers too,and the parents were really rude too
I was trying to look at clearance items,I had asked several times if I could see...this one lady goes"YOU can wait your turn"
and I am still looking,ALL she had to say was"I am still looking I will be done in a second"and I would of been OK with it
I bought my vinylmation 25th Anniversary mickey with confetti,its actually very pretty..keeping mine the box.Larry got a Cheshire Cat POP
figure and Robbie got the CARS 2 pack of Vinyls..

That was my take on the EARS give-a-way

oh thats horrible... :( don't let anyone else run your disney experience i didn't! we had rude people too.... but the thing that kept me happy was i talked to a former cast member and she had her baby with her and she was wearing her minnie ears from WDW and she had her chip and dale plushies that were so adorable...

that was the greatest store opening EVER!!!!!!!! i've never seen such a awesome cast member! it was like being at the park ^-^ so cool! where is that store at?

It was pretty cool. There was a guy with his lanyard of pins and a few people comparing Nightmare Before Christmas tattoos. This was at the Westfield Fashion Center in Sherman Oaks, Ca.

wow it looked great,i would love a pair of those 25th anniversary mickey ears and a 25th anniversary button but unfortunately they didn't do anything in the uk ,boo hoo :(.we always get missed out with everything.the 25th anniversary isn't even acknowledged here.

Last edited:
sadly my opening of the store was nothing like what was perviously stated, there was a very short line walking up at about five minutes to 10 and there was 40 or so people (I was very lucky) and got to be 42nd in line, and then they gave out coupons for the 25 people in line so they could wonder around the store or stay in line as they pleased. As you walked into the store to get your ears the CM in the back of the store had a rolling platform they were handing the ears out from as well as stickers for the 25th anniversary.

people were walking in from the mall 20 or 30 minutes after opening and still able to get the ears. It seemed like a very slow day at mine and like none of my friends stories of where they went. (I really don't know if I should be happy or sad about that.) I picked up my doll (rapunzel wedding limited edition that was pre ordered) as well (the ears and the vinylmation) I really love the glitter that resides inside the mickey figure and how each of them are different so in a sense if you bought them in store you got to really pick your own.

I really am fighting the urge to open mine does anybody open theres?

I also got two of the pop funko figures (I love the villains) and was able to get zurg and syndrome.

I didn't go. I had to work :( I should have sent my parents, but $10 of gas doesn't seem quite as worth it...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back