• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! I Got Zapped! [emoji22] I Never Get Zapped!

ZAPPED! I Got Zapped! I Never Get Zapped!

tinkerbelle1956

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
217   0   0
I got zapped by Shelterkat! But not just any zap, a pin that I really wanted and she didn't even know it. I am touched, I mean truly touched. I have not been Zapped in over a year and this is my very first zap at my new address.
You know that I was very sick and in the hospital for five days. What you didn't know was there was a fear of lung cancer, which just today was ruled out. I have a bacterial fungal infection in my blood. I am very lucky that it never went to sepsis. They caught it in time and I will be getting treatments until it is resolved. I also have an abscess where one sits. Doctors are trying to figure out if this is where the bacterial infection to my blood is coming from. I'll be seeing a surgeon tomorrow for this.
So I have really been feeling down lately and this wonderful, kind member sent me this and made me cry.
Dawn, thank you so much for thinking of me. I absolutely love it and I owe you. It means more to me than words can say.
e65f77f3993489d122ffa630e4a15928.jpg
1b76b4ad850d8581a10df67111d6c906.jpg

Last edited:
Shelterkat's pun filled notes are hilarious! XD (I may have to steal that idea)

Congrats on your zap, I hope you'll get zapped more in the future! ^_^

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

I am new to this board (I signed up but never really joined until a couple of days ago! Thats so neat! I guess zapped means someone sent you a pin!!! How cool, what a great group!
I hope you feel better soon! A few years ago I had pneumonia with a viral infection, that went into my blood. I was in the hospital and sick for a long time! Please take care and get lots of rest as you recover. I felt like doing things and if I got up and did a little I was exhausted!! It took me 6 weeks after to feel better and start exercising again!!
Glad you have this board to keep you busy!
Happy hunting,
Joleen

I am new to this board (I signed up but never really joined until a couple of days ago! Thats so neat! I guess zapped means someone sent you a pin!!! How cool, what a great group!
I hope you feel better soon! A few years ago I had pneumonia with a viral infection, that went into my blood. I was in the hospital and sick for a long time! Please take care and get lots of rest as you recover. I felt like doing things and if I got up and did a little I was exhausted!! It took me 6 weeks after to feel better and start exercising again!!
Glad you have this board to keep you busy!
Happy hunting,
Joleen
Yup that's exactly what happened to me. I got severe Bronchitis and since I had been on Levaquin, too many times, my body just rejected it I literally couldn't breathe and my oxygen was at 90 when I got to ER. The tob lobe of my left lung was so congested and inflamed that it was affecting my heart and circulation. My Throat had been very itchy, which I now know was a sign of this bacterial infection. I was in a private room with door shut for the most part. I was so out of it that it never occured to me that I was quarantined or isolated
just so thankful that I don't have cancer and that eventually I'll get well again.
And Joleen, you are spot on, I'll clean a room and that's it for the day. I was told just because it's not sepsis, if I'm not cautious, it could turn that way quickly and to listen.

Last edited:
That is the most adorable pin ~ Congrats on your ZAP!!! Hope you are feeling better soon. It sounds like a terribly frightening experience ((HUGS))

YES!!! Listen to your body!!! I did things that made me feel like I was doing stuff without actually putting in much effort it!!! I folded laundry that was brought to me!!! I matched all our mismatched socks, got caught up on mail etc...you find ways to be busy without using effort!!!
BTW I love your most wanted fans, one of the collections I have never seen!!!

What a great zap & a fun note to go along with it. And it looks like it came at a perfect timing :)
Hope you make a speedy recovery! Sending you get well wishes.

Back