• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I need your opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need your opinions

Suzziesue

Crazy for Disney Pins
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Hi all. I need your opinions on a situation I have. A person sent me a Pinpics trade request and I responded saying I would make the trade. I did not hear back from them which is not unusual at all. That happens to me all the time. Some time later, I received a pin in the mail and assumed someone zapped me. I even posted a thread about it.

About three weeks after I had responded to the person on Pinpics, I get an email showing me a picture of an envelope and they stated this was my tracking info. It suddenly dawned on me that this person sent me the pin even though I had not heard from them. I responded telling them I was sorry but I no longer had the pin they wanted. I explained that I never got a response from them. I also explained that if they had responded, I would not have done the trade after all since they were in Hong Kong. It would have cost me too much.

I think what happened is when I agreed to make the trade, she received an email from Pinpics and she responded from the email. It says right on these emails NOT to respond. They must do it in Pinpics.

I told the person I would pay them for the pin they sent me and asked if they have Paypal. No response for several days. I finally get a response and they request a different pin from me. I again explain that the shipping cost is too high and I offer again to pay for the pin they sent. I have not heard back from them.

Here is my question to you. Am I wrong for not sending this person a different pin? It's not the trade I had agreed to. I sent a reminder email this morning so that means I have offered 3 times to pay this person. I feel this is fair since the person did not go through the proper channels for making this trade. I still have never even seen an address from this person. If this person does not have Paypal, what other ways can I pay someone in Hong Kong?

Thanks for your help.

Question: When you responded to the original trade request, did you give the trader your address? (I'm assuming that's the case, as I don't know how she could have sent the pin to you otherwise. ) I guess I've always waited to do that until I have a definite confirmation that they want to go ahead, which would be a second email containing their address. Once my address has been given I consider myself committed. (Always good to check their location first! )

If I understand correctly, you're saying you think she may have tried to reply directly to the Pin Pics address in the email, and that's why you never saw a response? From your description I wonder if there are language problems involved. Perhaps someone at Pin Pics or on this board could assist you with that; sounds like you need a good translator.

I would chalk this up to just the wrong combination of circumstances. If I were the more experienced trader, I would try to accommodate them, especially since they seem to be willing to accept a different pin. From their perspective, they got a response from you agreeing to the trade.

Good luck working this out!

Last edited:
I think the main question should be: Did the other trader respond with their address, accepting the trade? As RetroDiz has stated, Pinpics should be asked, if they received such a communication, since you yourself did not receive it. If they did, I think you are obligated to send the other trader's second choice of pin to them.

If they didnt respond at all, and in their excitement to trade, just sent the pin to you, I think in the spirit of trading, you should still send them their second choice of pin.

Sometimes these things happen in trading, as you said you may not have originally traded internationally, but you have been presented with an unusual set of circumstances. You received a pin you wanted, which made you happy, now its your chance to make the other trader happy.

I think the main question should be: Did the other trader respond with their address, accepting the trade? As RetroDiz has stated, Pinpics should be asked, if they received such a communication, since you yourself did not receive it.
If the trader replied directly to the Trade Assistant email, Pin Pics would have no record of it, as that address is auto-respond only. Just to clarify, my suggestion was about contacting the admins there for language/communication assistance.

If they didnt respond at all, and in their excitement to trade, just sent the pin to you, I think in the spirit of trading, you should still send them their second choice of pin.

Sometimes these things happen in trading, as you said you may not have originally traded internationally, but you have been presented with an unusual set of circumstances. You received a pin you wanted, which made you happy, now its your chance to make the other trader happy.
Bingo. :)

All I would add is that you could offer to return the pin they sent you .
I usually respond to the first message with my location (UK) which tends to cut down my trading but at least then everyone knows the postage costs .
If it were me I'd chalk it up to experience and absorb the postage cost for either returning the pin or sending another .

When I make a trade on pinpics I always ask where the person is from before I commit to a trade. If they are across the pond then I either try to make it a multi pin trade to make the shipping cost worth while or if not then I decline to make the trade. It sucks that the shipping costs are so high internationally because there are some awesome traders out there that I would love to make some trades with.

I also had a similar situation like this one recently but it was with a U.S. trader. We agreed to a trade, I sent my address and never got a reply back with their shipping info. I sent several other emails to this person and never got a reply back. I went to a pin event (Dayton Disneyana) and traded the pin away since I never heard back from the person and then all the sudden I get a email from her saying she mailed her pin out and gave me the tracking number. I explained to her that I never heard back from her and that I traded the pin away. I asked her to look at my other traders and she didn't find anything so she asked me to just send her pin back to her. It was a pin that I really wanted so I gave a call to my best pin buddy Barbara (bjean) and she had the pin that I traded away so in her typical awesomeness Barbara agreed to send the pin to this person for me so I could complete the trade. (The pin fairy godmother saves the day again!!)

Last edited:
I also had a similar situation like this one recently but it was with a U.S. trader. We agreed to a trade, I sent my address and never got a reply back with their shipping info. I sent several other emails to this person and never got a reply back.

I totally sympathize with you, as I currently have 3 pins "on hold" because I accepted a trade request and sent my address, but have not received a reply with the other person's address, and thus I am not sure whether these pins are committed or are safe to trade with someone else. It's approaching a month with two of them, but I just know as soon as I trade them to someone else, I will hear back or get a pin in the mail.

I recently had this issue too. I told someone I would hold a pin for them. Then I didn't heard from them for a while and I accidently took it with me to my PTN last night at DLP and traded it away. Then I get home and see they have finally replied and I don't have the pin. -_- at least nothing had been sent but I feel like a bit jerk and would totally have preferred that pin over the one I traded for but I just totally confused myself with what was okay to take and what I had recently sold else where. My fault totally on my mess up though.

Your situation is sticky but yeah I don't like the confusion I have with the emails vs the messages on pinpics. Then emails people send me after having gotten or sent messages and getting confused between where the last reply was with them. :( Maybe it's just me though.

I recently had this issue too. I told someone I would hold a pin for them. Then I didn't heard from them for a while and I accidently took it with me to my PTN last night at DLP and traded it away. Then I get home and see they have finally replied and I don't have the pin. -_- at least nothing had been sent but I feel like a bit jerk and would totally have preferred that pin over the one I traded for but I just totally confused myself with what was okay to take and what I had recently sold else where. My fault totally on my mess up though.

Your situation is sticky but yeah I don't like the confusion I have with the emails vs the messages on pinpics. Then emails people send me after having gotten or sent messages and getting confused between where the last reply was with them. :( Maybe it's just me though.

I catch myself replying to the pinpics emails all the time and then have to go and log into pinpics to send my reply. They need to make those emails unable to reply to (if there's a way to do that) so people don't make that mistake. I know it tells you in the email not to reply using the email but I always look right over that...lol.

I catch myself replying to the pinpics emails all the time and then have to go and log into pinpics to send my reply. They need to make those emails unable to reply to (if there's a way to do that) so people don't make that mistake. I know it tells you in the email not to reply using the email but I always look right over that...lol.

I agree. Those emails should prevent any responses so this doesn't keep happening. I don't respond to the emails but apparently some people are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back