• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I threw up in my mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I threw up in my mouth

Molly

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Once again the Hong Kong sellers on the bay are breaking hearts and countless laws. I just saw this one today....live from a well known scrapper/fake pin seller

"2013 Disney El Capitan 9 Pin Pixar Puzzle Marquee Set of 9 Pins"

Selen posted that they were selling a grail pin of mine (PATF showboat) and I was soooooo pissed because the only worse than hunting for a LE100 is hunting for a LE100 with known fakes!!

So high value, low LE's and now DSF puzzle piece? FML what's next?

Heh. They're in deep. A while ago , they had the event jumbo from 13 event reflections of evil of all the villains. So upsetting.

I answered my own question......fake Kermit PTD. So much for thinking that DSF pins were safe buys.

"2013 Disney El Capitan 9 Pin Pixar Puzzle Marquee Set of 9 Pins"

Since Dawny is not around lately, I will say it in her place: Awww pooop :(

I noticed the full villains set which is LE 150 from HK a while back, but I did not check that infamous seller's "inventory" in a while. I just looked now and my jaw dropped :(

On a different note: Another well known (dreamy) counterfeit seller was selling Pin 14710: CM Nautilus Badge and Pin 5092: Cast Member Service Award Pin - 25 Years (Tinker Bell) recently.

Be afraid! Be very afraid :anxious:

This makes trading or even buying second hand very scary. Since we can all see that the majority of these scrapper sellers have great feedback....do people actually think their pins are real? Be careful out there newbies, if it seems too good to be true and is coming from China...just say no.

Would someone mind sending me a pm of the names of known counterfeit sellers on eBay? Thanks! Very much appreciated.

$_12.JPG

pin98743
This is the pinpics picture.

What is really scary is that these are not that far off. They look pretty similar. And this seller seems to get all kinds of pins from around the world. This is frightening.

$_12.JPG

Baby Vehicle pins that JUST CAME OUT are already scrapped.

$_57.JPG

This one is a kicker. :( LE 400 and they had 5.

All from the same seller.

Also,
they did all the Expo 2013 mystery pins
$_12.JPG

Sucks they did the new Sweet Love pin

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

Poor Merida and her eye!

$_12.JPG

PTN pins and Event pins are not safe.

Crap! They are even doing Free-D now.

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

All of the MU Mystery pins :(

I have seen a Monster's University marquee along with pins from that set too being sold multiple times.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the scrapper pins ever come on cards? I usually try to get pins from eBay new on card if possible, particularly as on the newer pins you can match up the security numbers on the back of the pin and the card (and many of the obvious scrappers I've seen come loose). I really hope they don't make the cards too :(

Crap! They are even doing Free-D now.

$_12.JPG

When I was looking for the BatB window to the magic pin (which has free-D and stained glass elements...) I saw some rather suspect copies for sale by Chinese sellers, off card and unusually cheap - so glad I managed to trade for it here instead!
I tend to stick to a few sellers that I know are good on eBay these days.

please PM me this seller's name. it sucks, while I rarely buy on eBay and when I do, never from China, the idea that others are getting these and putting them up for trade (unknowingly) makes me depressed.

Quite some time ago I made on offer on a pin from said seller, then found out they were from Hong Kong AND received a tip that seller sold fakes, I messaged and asked that the transaction be canceled on account they were selling fake pins; the seller did not defend themselves at all, just canceled the sale! :lol: Nothing like silently admitting guilt!

How do you know all these are fake? It's confusing to me. Can someone PM me and tell me who the evil sellers are?

Does anyone know if the scrapper pins ever come on cards? I usually try to get pins from eBay new on card if possible, particularly as on the newer pins you can match up the security numbers on the back of the pin and the card (and many of the obvious scrappers I've seen come loose). I really hope they don't make the cards too :(

Sorry to have to say, yes they do. The best you can do is ask if the card has the bar code and sku label on the back and where they got it. Pinpics lists the sku numbers. I have seen cards for sale on eBay and HM pins on cards, boxed pins on cards, even a jumbo t-shirt on a card. It is very easy to create the packages compared to making the pins and I believe they are all subject to counterfeits. The pins quality is what counts, scrappers have defects and all counterfeits I have seen have some trait that when compared to a known authentic pin will be evident. The lines that separate the colors, the colors, the back, always check the pin trading seal closely. Some pins I have bought from Disney have defects and I just trade them and pass on buying them from someone else.

Last edited:
Also beware of the known counterfeit sellers here in the USA this pin started is circulating again from the same person who has two accounts on the auction site... They also sell the Fake Jessica as Ursula and fake Jessica as Jasmine... Beware... and its sad because once it was my grail but they ruined it!

attachment.php

The cards are also sold in bulk by the same people in a China. I'm not sure if they match up or not but I would assume that they don't, it would be even more labor intensive and like most knock offs they never really get the little details right.

The thing is that while some people genuinely don't know that they are trading or selling scrappers or counterfeits, there are a lot of very well known people that do in fact peddle in this crap because the profit margins are huge. There is no need to brave the crowds at releases only to be shut out, to pay retail when when buying in bulk from counterfeiters is pennies on the dollar and as everyone in this hobby can attest....money is king and greedy immoral people will stoop to seemingly unthinkable lows in order to get as much of it as possible. If people will put their young children onAnaheim streets/curbs from 1am to 8/9am in order make money I am sure that buying this garbage from the privacy of their living rooms would be a no brainer.

It sucks for collectors to be faced with fake anything but when collecting pins in particular there is a huge interpersonal aspect that I have never experienced in other things I have collected. When trading with people that you also socialize regularly with it becomes a delicate and dangerous transaction because of the potential hurt feelings or broken friendships that do not exist when dealing with a standard buyer/seller relationship. If you buy a pin from a nameless faceless stranger and it's fake, they will either willingly refund you or you simply force a refund and stop buying from them. When buying/trading with people you also have a social relationship with it's not that easy. If in fact someone doesn't know that they sold or traded a fake they would most likely be insulted if you accused them of doing so and as with most touchy matters it can get ugly and escalate quickly and if they knowingly did it they will surely fight to the death for a dollar. The ever obvious cliquey friendships also tend to blindly defend their "friends" and I have witnessed this type of thing far too many times. Nothing sucks more than having an issue with someone, they are 100% guilty of doing something that is unconscionable yet they have an entire cheerleading squad backing them up and somehow making it seem like you are the bad person for calling them out on it! This kind of thing has run off countless members here because who wants to face that kind of treatment, especially when you know you're right and what the other person did is sooooooo wrong?

This is depressing to say the least. Fingers crossed that people will be able work through any potential problems that will undoubtedly arise without too many hurt feelings. Be careful out there guys, things are going to get ugly.

@combatdre....I have never seen these in person so I have to ask if what you are pointing out is not just a sloppy error? Since a lot of these pins are hand painted there are differences between each pin, some horrendous ones sometimes lol. Everything else in the pictures you posted look too similar to scream fake to me.....total suck if they are that good.

Another thing is that although sellers relist or appear to have "multiples" of certain pins, I can attribute shilling to several of these and not fake pins. When sellers win their own pins they of course either offer a second chance option to bidders (I NEVER accept these on super rare pins because Im pretty they don't have two and they just bid me up) or they relist the pin in hopes of actually selling them.

I see a ton of suspect activity going on with your example pin right now. The seller keeps listing and what appears to be selling the exact same pins (yes 100% exact, check the pictures) over and over and over and over, and all of the auctions are private and that is a sure sign that they are hiding something because there is nothing to protect but shilling. That option used to protect buyers and sellers, identities used to fully seen without making them private and competitors could initiate contact with your buyers and try to sway them, bidding rivals would contact each other and make false claims in hopes of getting the others to back off and tons of other dirty things I'm sure. However since eBay began hiding identities for auctions AND feedback, the only thing being protected by doing this is the bidding activity. IMHO this should always be available to potential bidders because if there is nothing to hide, why hide it? I NEVER bid on private auctions because they are shady, if you are running a legitimate auction let the numbers prove it. 9 times out of 10 private sellers that run private auctions relist the same thing even though it appears to have been sold....I'm just sayin.

Last edited:
It's missing the heel on the stiletto. It's not an error pin, they have sold a few with the same issue. They are known to sell fakes. If you look for it on the auction site you will notice it's the same pin with the cut off shoe with a different background. The two pins on the photo are the real ones that where sent to me by members from here to compare.

Last edited:
Yet more suck to add to the collection. My daughter has an ever growing Jessica collection as well as wants list, to see a high end fake Jessica is not something I wanted to see. So sorry for those that wanted that particular pin, it's awesome but fear would probably keep me away from trying to get it.

A few points on this:

1. Disney needs to move production back from China.
2. People really need to stop buying from sellers from China. There are those that I have heard of that buy the scrappers to trade for pins at the parks.
3. We as responsible pin traders should make sure word gets out about these sellers.
4. Also as responsible pin traders we should call out those that we know (without a doubt) buy these pins to resell or trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back