• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I want to know if these Pins backs actually match, I'm just wondering if they are meant to look like this

I want to know if these Pins backs actually match, I'm just wondering if they are meant to look like this

Dany157

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought these 3 pins from a set, the thing is I haven't seen in any of my newer pins is this type of waffle design that lines up with the edges. Ik that's a sign of fake pins but these don't look fake to me aside from some damage to one of them and a scrape.

I've also seen waffle backs like that on pins purchased at WDW. I've read that the OE pins can have suspicious looking waffle edges, so it isn't a good indication of a scrapper for those particular pins. Waffle backing that doesn't line up on a hidden Mickey is another story.

Your pins look real.

I've seen authentic pins with super sharp, blunt or even no stabilizer posts, so it is hard to determine a pin by that feature.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I actually have a pile of pins pulled out to photograph and share on here . . . all purchased form Disney and many have waffle patterns that have the line around the edge and flat rim. So, it is definitely not a sign of scrappers. I have OEs, LR, and mystery pins going back years that have this. So, I wouldn't worry. Waffle pattern anomalies or abnormalities or errors or defects are definitely a thing and not something that is scrapped alone

Curious... What do the fronts look like? (ie, are they recent pins?)

I have seen random pins (not many, but 2 I can think of - both were mystery sets - the most recent was the villain butterfly set) with the waffle patterns similar to the pictures in the first post. The villain butterflies were purchased from WDW.

My experience says these pins are likely the real deal.

I read somewhere, or saw a video about Waffle patterns. Basically if it's an OE rack pin it can have the wonky pattern around the edge, but if it is a hidden Mickey, the edge should be clean, no border.
I too have purchased pins direct from WDW with wonky borders. Also enamel color differences on the same design pins.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Back