I’m a sucker or, how I have ANOTHER bunny

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by xdattax, Mar 21, 2020.

1. xdattax

xdattax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0

I was supposed to read and write and maybe listen to lecture for school today. I got to read and even then didn’t finish the book. I was pressed into action.

Someone or someones dumped 4 rabbits at my mother’s park. As you may know state beaches are closed so she was asked to help round them up instead of collecting entrance fees. At the time they thought there were two. Then a third. Then a fourth. Mom caught the two baby white ones.

I got there around 12:30 with hay and pellets and an xpen. None of that was helpful. After a couple hours of chasing them around, mom had to go to the office to cool down, it’s bleeding hot out side! Two rangers came up, asked me what I was doing since it’s my day off and i work at a different park. Told them. They chased the two big brown ones around. Finally some attempted park patrons came by, looking to go fishing. Sorry friends, park closed. But they wanted to know what we were doing. So we told them and they whipped out a fishing net.

Well, the net didn’t help but one of the fellows snatched up Big Bun by the ears. Cringe, but I got him immediately and held him while we rode a JD Gator to the office (while the other ranger watched my car, that had the keys in the ignition and my purse inside). Plopped bun in a copy paper box and returned to car. Sat in AC while waiting for final bun to come out again, the commotion of 6 people catching one rabbit spooked him.

Mom got off work and we took big bun home, then ran into Home Depot before they closed at 6, got a live trap, went to winn dixie and got the last bag of salad mix, a bottle of water, and some plastic food storage containers and went back to the last rabbit.

It took about a half hour, but the last rabbit got into the cage and bam! Got him!

Mom’s boss has the little white babies. I have the bigger ones but he’s going to take the smaller of the two browns.

Of course, I wind up with a giant breed mix rabbit. Someone thinks he’s part Flemish, someone else thinks continental. Either way, big bun.

[​IMG]

This is the big one. He’s very friendly, even if someone snatched by his ears. He’ll never be loose or snatched by ears again. A friend of mine offered to help pay for the neutering even. Guess I’m gonna need more hay and pellets sooner than planned. Good thing Petsmart is essential, almost everything else in dade county is locked down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. SoraPandora

SoraPandora I'm SoraPandora again!

Rating - 100%
    154   0   0

He’s beautiful.

xdattax likes this.
  3. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

I think he found the perfect place for a new home. And he is very cute. And I want
    to pet him.

akarih and xdattax like this.
  4. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    400   0   0

He is beautiful..thank you for rescuing them. So sad people dump animals:(

xdattax likes this.
  5. Ajk

Ajk Cocoa asks "Where's all da Hoomans?"

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

Awww...poor "little" bunny! So happy you saved him and are giving him a good home. Such a cutey!

xdattax likes this.
  6. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Love it - I would like to have a rabbit again. I am at my max with pets right now though.
    Thanks for saving them!

xdattax likes this.
  7. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    122   0   0

Beautiful ~ thank you for rescuing him

xdattax likes this.
  8. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

You're not a sucker, you're a good person. I know that big beautiful bunny is going to have a good home - thanks to you for providing it to him.

xdattax likes this.
  9. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Aw, so adorable! And so wonderful that you are doing this. I've read bunnies have an unusually high chance of being dumped by their owners, so it's great that people are there to take care of them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

xdattax likes this.
  10. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    134   0   0

Big bun!!!

xdattax and akarih like this.
  11. xdattax

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0

Big Bun update

[​IMG]

Mr. Biggs has been neutered and treated for ear mites. He’s resting in the living room, confined to my quarantine cage. Thankfully the dog ignores Mr. Biggs in the same way she ignores Alice and Mr. Bones.

Sadly rabbits do get dumped at high rates, since people think they can survive like the wild ones do. But honestly wild ones are food for birds of prey, snakes, foxes, whatever. Plus, domestic rabbits have had all the instincts bred out of them. I wish they had the same legal protections dogs and cats do.

akarih likes this.
  12. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

He looks very happy!

xdattax likes this.
  13. xdattax

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0

He did a mighty flop this evening! I’m hoping that means he’s warming up to us.