Info on SB Peasant fairies

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by Disneychildwithin, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin No Disney Character Left Behind Proclaimer

Rating - 100%
    102   0   0

So I spent some time organizing some pins and found that I have 2 sets of peasant Flora, Fauna and Merryweather, but with different colored metal for Flora. I have a gold and black one. Are there known scrapper pins of these ladies? I'm wondering which if any are authentic. TIA for any input.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

2. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    186   0   0

Things I know:

IIRC, Most, if not all, of the DLR original core character pins were released with black backs.

They made prototypes of them on gold and silver. Some of these made it out into the wild (I have a gold version of #5895 that I got directly from the DL "pin person" at the time at an NFFC convention).

Years after the originals were added to Pinpics, people noticed that some of the old pins had multiple versions. For example, Dumbo pin #2393. In that listing it notes the alternate version, although it seems like the alternate has been deleted from Pinpics, because I'm guessing someone thought it was a duplicate. But the one I have, and purchased myself at DLR is the alternate (Dumbo has a pink ear). Lesson, pin people weren't too careful at watching for differences in pins when restocked, like color variations, metals, backstamps, etc before those things became important for spotting fakes, so those details often didn't make it into Pinpics, because who cared? Another variant, a different Caterpillar 2801 vs 20640.

When I was collecting "Scrapper" images on the internet, I didn't see these, but I stopped looking for these images about 2014.

Worthpoint and Ebay has very few sold listings for these pins.

So I don't think they have been scrapped, and it's possible that a reorder came through with gold backs. Merryweather's back on the uncarded pins is the later style (the box with the name and resort logo), so it might have even been from a later restock.

But obsessive Sleeping Beauty fans may know more specifically about these pins.

Disneychildwithin likes this.
  3. Disneychildwithin

Rating - 100%
    102   0   0

Thanks for all that info!

4. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles Resident Cake Baker Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

I have never heard of these pins being scrapped. I have been looking for this set for awhile. It is possible that I haven't heard or seen scrappers but more than likely not.

Disneychildwithin likes this.
  5. Disneychildwithin

Rating - 100%
    102   0   0

Oh cool, I'm feeling more at ease now.