Instagram Rant

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by TheGreatGonzo, May 19, 2020.

1. Ajk

Ajk Consider yourself...at home...

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0

This is exactly my point. There is bad behavior everywhere. I had a very similar experience at WDW back when they had the trading tables at downtown Disney. But there’s also good behavior everywhere. I realize it’s hard to know you’re getting sharked when you are starting out. But we learn and can then be kind to others as we become more seasoned.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    slbrabham likes this.
  2. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I’ve thought this too. I see some pinpics users who have like 1000+ traders, many of which are Disney Auctions grails, and maybe 100 wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akarih likes this.
  3. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0

I have started thinking its a ruse. The specific Pinpics trader doesn't really have the pins to trade.

True or not... Thinking this makes me feel better.

akarih and slbrabham like this.
  4. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

TheGreatGonzo likes this.
  5. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

Not so much a rant but an observation or wonder about some IG buyers. This is about pin releases that are still available as they are open edition or the LE didn’t sell out from the original location. I don’t understand why people spend twice the amount with a reseller for a pin that they can buy themselves at cost.

I see many resellers selling Mondo pins that a person can still buy online from Mondo at twice the price that Mondo charges. This applies to Disney releases still available on ShopDisney, as well. Some pins that are still for sale from shop Disney like many of the three pin sets are bought for twice the price. It’s strange that people spend twice the money sometimes on pins that they themselves can get at cost. o_O

I don’t get this.

6. summerskin

summerskin I control the weather

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

My favorite is when people say in live sales or comment on a post "OMG! Such a good deal." and the pin is still available at cost and the seller is charging significantly more than retail.

7. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

I think people just buying without thinking or really knowing what it is, is driving some of the craziness. It’s silly. :D

TheMickeyMouseRules and chubs191 like this.
  8. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    48   1   0

I think the parasocial nature of being so available during live sales makes people desperate for human interaction do irrational things in order to get noticed.

[​IMG]
    Inserted gif for TL;DR
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    CCofRR13 and slbrabham like this.
  9. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I found this story while scrolling on LinkedIn and wanted to share. Not exactly pertaining to Instagram but it’s relevant to much of what we have been discussing here:

“Before he died, a father said to his son; “Here is a watch that your grandfather gave me. It is almost 200 years old. Before I give it to you, go to the jewelry store downtown. Tell them that I want to sell it, and see how much they offer you."

The son went to the jewelry story, came back to his father, and said; "They offered $150.00 because it's so old."

The father said; “Go to the pawn shop."

The son went to the pawn shop, came back to his father, and said; "The pawn shop offered $10.00 because it looks so worn."

The father asked his son to go to the museum and show them the watch.

He went to the museum, came back, and said to his father; “The curator offered $500,000.00 for this very rare piece to be included in their precious antique collections."

The father said; “I wanted to let you know that the right place values you in the right way. Don't find yourself in the wrong place and get angry if you are not valued. Those that know your value are those who appreciate you, don't stay in a place where nobody sees your value."

Know your worth.”

10. SoraPandora

SoraPandora Figaro Fan >^..^<

Rating - 100%
    157   0   0

Love this.