• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is there an event ? - 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF WALT DISNEY WORLD® RESORT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an event ? - 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF WALT DISNEY WORLD® RESORT
Hee hee! We will be staying at Pop too! So is Blacksmoke!!! Must be a DPF favorite!!

I'm so jealous - I wanna go - please take lots and LOTS of pictures so I can see the room and would someone get me some autographs???? I'll pay for the pins or whatever I'm so desperate - geeze am I pathetic or what:(

DPF & POP people should meet to have a tie-dye cake. Who cares about pins when there is the colorful, lovely & fun tie-dye cake from POP :lol:

Picture is from disneyfoodblog.com

tie-diye-cheesecake-whole-500x485.jpg

Last edited:
I was just thinking the same thing about a mini meet at POP whether its for pin trading or chat!!! I will be there 9/28- Oct 4th going to MNSSHP on the 30th

I'm staying at POP from the 29th - 4th. Ick on the tie dye cheesecake though. They have really good other stuff for dessert though! :)

I was just thinking the same thing about a mini meet at POP whether its for pin trading or chat!!! I will be there 9/28- Oct 4th going to MNSSHP on the 30th

Our dates are 09/24-10/02 and MNSSHP on 27th. A mini meet would be nice if we all can arrange it. We usually open and close the parks, so if we can agree on a time & place ahead of time, it would be super.

Ick on the tie dye cheesecake though.:)

Yeah, I know, it is kinda icky. But POP/Disney is the only place where I'd be willingly putting that much artificial gooey stuff into my body, only once a year ;)

So do we know what day they are opening the 40th anniversary "restaurant store"?

Juan told me on 10/01, but I will know more in few days. I am planning on chatting with CMs and also checking with Guest Services in MK.

Precious when are you planning on getting to the "store"?

I am going to the 40th and the Halloween party to relax from school with my sister. going for one pin and tat is the I was there pin. Hope everyone has a good time.

Juan told me on 10/01, but I will know more in few days. I am planning on chatting with CMs and also checking with Guest Services in MK.

Precious when are you planning on getting to the "store"?

I am sure that it will get busy quickly so we will probably try to get there when the park opens in order to get some good stuff. We are also planning on going to EPCOT for the festival so we will have to get to MK early so I have plenty of time to get my eating on :hsd:.

I am also excited about this trip because I will get to debut my new Stitch tattoo!!!

In theory, the hubby and I will be there as well! :) Can't wait to hopefully meet some of you!

If you see a goofy looking redhead shaking his head at a brunette who's been afflicted with pinsanity, it'll be us. lol

we will probably try to get there when the park opens in order to get some good stuff. We are also planning on going to EPCOT for the festival so we will have to get to MK early so I have plenty of time to get my eating on :hsd:.

I am also excited about this trip because I will get to debut my new Stitch tattoo!!!

Our plan is to show up at opening too. Whoever makes it there first, should be the "place holder" in line, LOL! I am planning on wearing a silly halloween headband with candy corn on it, so you can see me easy.

We will go to eat in Epcot the day before on 09/30 and then again before departure on 10/02. The World Showcase won't open until 11 am anyway, so that should give you some time in MK. This year they have 2 new stands in the Food Festival, Hawaii and something else. I am keeping all my snack credits from the food plan :)

Last edited:
Our plan is to show up at opening too. Whoever makes it there first, should be the "palce holder" in line, LOL! I am planning on wearing a silly halloween headband with candy corn on it, so you can see me easy.

We will go to eat in Epcot the day before on 09/30 and then again before departure on 10/02. The World Showcase won't open until 11 am anyway, so that should give you some time in MK. This year they have 2 new stands in the Food Festival, Hawaii and something else. I am keeping all my snack credits from the food plan :)

Awesome....sign me up for the place saving. I will have on a black Disney pumpkin Halloween shirt, a universal Ravenclaw hat, and will be sporting lots of tattoos including my new stitch one.

I totally didn't even think about the 11am opening for the World Showcase. The other new stand is the Caribbean!! Can't wait to eat at the 2 new stands as well as eat lots of Belgium Waffles!!

I will be on and off here til Tuesday I will keep my eyes open for the gate and time for a mini meet!! after tuesday just drop me an email and i will get it on my phone my email is gcszeb2315@yahoo.com

Can't believe how many of us will be there! I also love the Apple Blossom dessert that is sold at the same place as the cheesecake.

CMR626, we may finally get to meet!

I will be on and off here til Tuesday I will keep my eyes open for the gate and time for a mini meet!! after tuesday just drop me an email and i will get it on my phone my email is gcszeb2315@yahoo.com

I won't have any comp/internet access after today as I have a dinosaur phone. I wish we could decide for a time/place today.
We are crazy people who usually open and close the parks with very little break in between.

Katpogo, when are you checking in? Sorry if I missed that info somewhere else in the thread??

Merryweather, we will be leaving Tampa at around 11:00 on the 1st. My son has his first soccer practice that morning. We are only staying one night. I wanted to come for the 40th and Food and Wine, and hubby and I are in desperate need of a date night! I'll pm you my cell so that if anyone decides to meet we can text each other. I know I will be meeting up with Joni(Blacksmoke) sometime Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back