• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

SOLD! ISO: Large size pin bag

SOLD! ISO: Large size pin bag

kriscar

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
My daughter is new pin trader as of May this year.
For her 10th birthday (in late October) she's requested a Disney pin bag.
I've had a hard time locating one. Anyone have advice on how to find them?
Or do you have gently used one you can sell to me?
I know there are generic ones on Ebay, but I'm sure she'd prefer Disney official.

So far, she's collecting Stitch, Maleficent and cheerleading related pins.

Are you looking for a pin trading bag (usually multiple pages and all that is in the bag are pins) or a bag to display pins (usually one clear display pocket for pins and the rest of the bag is like any other bag/purse?)

Disney typically sells the official pin bags (large and small) in the parks. Are you anywhere near a parks?

Kraken trade has a variety of licensed pin bags:
I have a Kraken pin bag and I like it well enough. A lot of traders use Kraken.

Kraken has a small Stitch pin bag. Perhaps more of a bag with a pocket to display pins then to use for trading.

Then there are loungefly pin bags which have a clear pocket where pins can be displayed for trade or to show off a collection. This link will take you to a sleeping beauty themed one:

Amazon has a variety of pin bags. I searched "pin trading bag" on Amazon.

I see a lot of pin people walking around with Pinfolios. Google/search "Pinfolio" and you will find a variety of these.

i've got two pinfolios and i like them. I've got the "Show" i think that i picked up from their website as an imperfect a few years back. Works great and no real defects that would bother me, but its small. Its just for a few traders to carry (It has the see through panel and then one left and one right panel inside and that's it. I also have the original backpack design which is big, but just glancing at the website its twice what it used to cost, from what i remember.
The official disney bags are different. At least they were the last time i saw them for sale a few years ago. Perhaps ask her what type of bag she wants? The older disney park ones function quite differently than the newer pinfolios. As the disney ones were neoprene like material i think. They also came in different styles an smaller over the shoulder bag and a larger over the shoulder bag were the ones i saw the most. Assuming they are still sold at the parks perhaps someone could do a pickup for you?

There used to be a consignment pin shop near disneyland Resort CA that sold pins and stuff they usually had a few bags in stock for sale of the older styles. Varying prices. I haven't been there since 2019 so i'm not sure if they are still around. But that could be another option towards finding one.

Ahh thats one of the plain ordinary Official Disney Parks Large trading bags. It will likely have neoprene pages inside. I imagine you could go to one of the park pickup threads and have someone pick one up for you and ship it. Or at least let you know what price they are. @Connies_Hobby does pickups pretty often at the park. She might be able to tell you what they are priced these days :)

I will be at the park(s) tomorrow. I can most certainly look.
Thanks so much! I had a DPF member sell me a used one with is fantastic! I will eventually need another 2 - between her collection and mine. My daughter and I are very different people.
I am just delighted that we now have this hobby to share!

Last edited:
Thanks so much! I had a DPF member sell me a used one with is fantastic! I will eventually need another 2 - between her collection and mine. My daughter and I are very different people.
I am just delighted that we now have this hobby to share!
Yay, congratulations.

So are you good for now?

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Hi Kris, My daughter and I started collecting together too! She's turned into a teen and is not into pins as much. But the hobby has stuck with me like crazy. It's still something we can talk about together though- which is so nice when things are tense. I have a couple of the official bags that we don't use anymore. I altered them a bit since it was such a challenge to bet the pin backs on and off. You might like this idea. This one is for sale for $20 plus actual shipping if you need another bag. But we loved the slits we added to some of the pages to help access the pins.
hcfQCQBm.jpg

A9y6bgfm.jpg

Hi Kris, My daughter and I started collecting together too! She's turned into a teen and is not into pins as much. But the hobby has stuck with me like crazy. It's still something we can talk about together though- which is so nice when things are tense. I have a couple of the official bags that we don't use anymore. I altered them a bit since it was such a challenge to bet the pin backs on and off. You might like this idea. This one is for sale for $20 plus actual shipping if you need another bag. But we loved the slits we added to some of the pages to help access the pins.
hcfQCQBm.jpg

A9y6bgfm.jpg
Can I be next in line if Kris doesn't want it?

hcfQCQBm.jpg

A9y6bgfm.jpg
That is an interesting and creative solution. I hate that newer style of bag because the access to the back is from the top so it is sooooo hard to get pins in and out. And with that middle panel, there's not enough room to put something like chloroplast in so you don't need to bother with the backs. I could see those slits really helping in that regard. I just wish they would go back to the previous design of this bag as they are what I use for all my non-HM pins.

That is an interesting and creative solution. I hate that newer style of bag because the access to the back is from the top so it is sooooo hard to get pins in and out. And with that middle panel, there's not enough room to put something like chloroplast in so you don't need to bother with the backs. I could see those slits really helping in that regard. I just wish they would go back to the previous design of this bag as they are what I use for all my non-HM pins.
Thanks I appreciate that note!

Back