• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Jungle Cruise Pin Board beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jungle Cruise Pin Board beginning

sismelis

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I visited an antique show/sale a couple of months ago and purchased a framed "Walt Disney Adventureland" game board. I've been considering how to add my collection of Jungle Cruise pins to this board. Would you use something to punch small post size holes in the heavy approx 1/16" thick board? Us something else like Velcro dots? I was thinking about punching the holes, but then wondered if that was really what I wanted to do- it would make additions potentially more difficult especially if there were a number of pins to be rearranged. Any advice would be welcomed!

Thanks.

In the past I've been known to remove the posts altogether and just use blue-tac , but of course you wouldn't be able to trade them easily if you did that . I've also seen people use small magnets to attach them , but that seemed like overkill to me :)

In the past I've been known to remove the posts altogether and just use blue-tac , but of course you wouldn't be able to trade them easily if you did that . I've also seen people use small magnets to attach them , but that seemed like overkill to me :)

I cannot even begin to describe the look of horror on my face, reading that you've removed pin backs. I seriously had to hold on to the table to make sure I didn't keel over in sudden shock. To then read the next sentence of how using magnets "seemed like overkill" and I was just :rofl:.

Sismelis, is it this board design you purchased?
qpaZPMO.jpg

I cannot think of a way you would be able to consistently rearrange pins on this board without some type of ill effect. Magnets could work but not all pins are magnetic. Perhaps you could use small portions of styrofoam to piece the pin with then use a portion of speedwaystar1's idea and use bluetac on the back of the styrofoam, giving you the ability of each pin have a "moving platform" so to speak, but without damaging the gameboard at all.

Best of luck however you proceed and I hope you share pictures of it. :)

Thanks- good ideas...worried about removing posts. What will my daughter do with these down the road when I'm long gone and she has to clean out the house....or maybe I just don't worry about that...mwahahaha!

Yes, froggerway, that is the design of the board. It caught my eye as a Jungle Cruise fanatic! I was thinking of just hanging on the wall as is, but then thought of my small, but growing Jungle Cruise pin collection and had a "Eureka" moment. Like your idea too- I have some bits of foam that might just work, also some cork, tho it is too thick to allow the pin backs to go on. I'll work on it today since it's way too hot to venture out.

Depending on the size of the game-board, I would try to attach the board to one of the larger-cork boards (maybe cover the cork-board with a color-coordinated felt first and center the game board in the middle of the cork frame). Then put the pins around the game board...? That way you can re-arrange pins as the collection grows. Once you got the collection "finished" to your liking, you could then change it up (since all the pieces would still be intact). Am I making sense? (maybe not -- it was no-tax weekend in Ohio and I just did 2 days of cloths shopping with 2 teen boys :banghead:)..

Were you wanting to arrange your pins AROUND the board or ON the board? Because my heart jumped into my throat a bit at the thought of you destroying the board :) However, if one is willing to go to those lengths, then it is a pretty ingenious idea to place the pins on each of the dots. Just tap a nail into each one to make a hole and there you go. If you keep the holes to the dots, that keeps it organized and consistent with the look of a game board. It also makes it easier to rearrange, since you've given yourself a limit to where they can be. This is all assuming, of course, that you have more dots than pins :)

I have kinda gone with CorytheRaven's idea of using the dots to place the pins. As soon as I am back in Texas I will post some pictures. On the way to second home in New Zealand tonight for a month. Did spend some pin bucks at DSF on Saturday after seeing Pete's Dragon. Any dragon fans in LA who haven't been to El Capitan should go see the dragon display in the lower level.

I'd like to see how you did it!
If you ever wanted to change it up you could mount it on a ferrous metal plate. Then make individual post holders for your pins out of foam, cardboard, corrugated plastic, ect. Put a strong magnet on the end of that and then, badda bing badda boom, no holes in your board game.

Chubbs191- I made small holes in the board and placed the pins that way. Followed the game path through the jungle river. I'll take some photos to post when I'm back home. Leaving the cool spring weather of NZ is mighty hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back