Lack of New Pins on PinPics?

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by Patrick, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Patrick

Patrick New Collector

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Has anyone else noticed that PinPics has been getting slower and slower to update with new pins? I know most of the pins are generated by users, but they haven't even uploaded the last two HotArt releases... Anyone have any thoughts or insight? I've had to keep a running list of pins I've bought but can't add to my PinPics collection.

2. akarih

akarih Resident Meme Lord

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I think they're just a little low on people authenticating entries right now..... maybe it's because they're working on the new website? Not sure that will be coming anytime soon though....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0

bookhugger and starry_solo like this.
  4. bretu

bretu Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I heard a rumor that there could be a change in ownership coming to pinpics. If it is true it could be a positive, someone who is involved now but not in the enter circle. This is just a rumor so do not burn the messenger.

5. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

They added a bunch today or this weekend, there's at least a whole page of pins added since I last looked

6. MischiefMade

MischiefMade Ghost Dog Trainer

0   0   0

They have added some new ones, but the 101 Dalmatians Pop-Up Book for some reason is still not on there. You win some you lose some it seems.

7. pinnochiolover

pinnochiolover DPF Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

From the few communications I've had with Pinpics, I get the impression that the need for the pictures to be on a white background, affects the speed at which pins are added to the database, because someone there spends time whiting out the picture backgrounds.

8. stratasfan

stratasfan Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The top link . . . If you get an account there, can you do the same lists like on PinPics? Like marking owns, trades, and wants?

One thing about PinPics, though, is that most people don't respond to you when you send a request or message.

starry_solo likes this.
  9. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    67   0   0

Yup. Works very similar. You can also finetune your wants a bit - Anywhere from "Barely Want" to "100% Desperate".

starry_solo likes this.
  10. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Thank you so much for posting these because I had no idea they existed and love the PTD (ha) so far. I would love to help get this updated.

starry_solo likes this.
  11. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    526   0   0

We could definitely use the help on Pin Trading Database!

12. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I'm a local to WDW and go once a week usually so I can definitely help! Do you happen to know how updated it is? Is it missing older pins/just has new pins mostly?

13. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0

@Collectible PinTrader

14. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    526   0   0

Primarily older pins, but we are missing some newer ones as well. I try to keep up to date with the releases on the flyers, but, as you know, they release pins that they don't post on the flyers too!

15. speedwaystar1

speedwaystar1 UK Disney Fan

Rating - 100%
    209   0   0

When I start going through my pins I'll photograph some of my older ones for you , I added a lot before I figured out how to take decent pictures . Hopefully my new camera will help too :)

starry_solo likes this.
  16. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    526   0   0

You can always replace the pictures of the pins you input into the database. Just let me know and I can delete the old ones :)