List of Scrappers that Have Shown Up on Various Sites - updated 11/2/2019

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by starry_solo, Oct 21, 2018.

1. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    177   0   0

Because they are coming via the factories in China. They don't know what is and what isn't popular. They make what molds they get access to. They sell what scrap they have access to. They spam everything they can get.

A lot of this stuff, I saw years ago, like right after the event. And that Pin Trading Stamp set was talked about here, years ago too. I wanted the Dateline Disney mystery set, and I saw they were being sold super cheap. Now, I don't know what is cheap because it was unpopular and what is unauthorized.

I was looking for something on Ebay earlier and I saw the usual subjects selling this Ariel pin. I don't know if they are selling more from this set, because we were having a busy day.

[​IMG]

2. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    177   0   0

Oh, and our least favorite cold seller looks like they have a new to me name. And they are selling Bowler Hat guy profile for $24.50 (and their feedback indicates they also sold Steamboat Willie Pete Profile). And the D23 Castle puzzle set. And Tinker Bell Leaf Park Pack pins.

akarih likes this.
  3. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

I think the cold seller has a hot name and an Asian sounding name...

4. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    177   0   0

This one was different one. The first half is similar, but not identical, to the regular cold seller, the last bit is 2008.

akarih likes this.
  5. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

Woah...ok.

6. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

There's no faked PODH pins right? They're so unique by nature I doubt it but I wanted to make sure....

7. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    177   0   0

No, but people have replaced the scenes with film cells acquired elsewhere. So they are not original to the pins released.

8. akarih

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Sorry I meant the Piece of History Pins! The ones with the pieces of the park attractions in the pin?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    177   0   0

Oh, sorry, I read my acronyms too fast.

Some of the Series 1 ones were counterfeited soon after the prices started spiking. Not "Chinese Factory" scrappers, but commissioned by some US person to attempt to duplicate them, counterfeited. I don't know if Pinpics makes mention of it or not, that's old timer's knowledge that got lost when Dizpins forums got eaten by the Tapatalk takeover. Dumbo was one I remember. I think also the 20K one. Others, which were probably true Disney scrap have been sold. But on those, the bubbles are missing or damaged. But I'm not sure which specific ones.

10. akarih

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Thanks! I wonder what they put in the bubbles on the scrappers lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

11. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    84   0   0

Have the WDI Cat "Wave" pins been counterfeited?

12. swscref

swscref Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

I seem to remember that the domes were empty or completely missing on some of the counterfeits.

akarih likes this.
  13. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    84   0   0

There is a seller on ebay that has now sold 8 of this pin for around $12. I think it may have been counterfeited

[​IMG]
    Disney Store Aristocat Kittens