• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Little Mermaid 30th Anniversary pins?

Little Mermaid 30th Anniversary pins?

OberonCelebi

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I snagged this King Triton/Ariel pin that I've been wanting in a lot, but it has a silver bump on the back instead of the copper color? I see other pins with inconsistent coloring but I can't find any information as to whether this is an indicator of a fake or not. It also doesn't have nubs by the prongs. The Sparkle Castle pins came in the same lot and say they're from Disney Shanghai--the waffling doesn't always reach the edge of the pin but from what I understand, this happens sometimes? I was only after the Triton/Ariel pin anyway but it would be helpful to know the authenticity of these pins too.

I'll give my guesses but i'd wait for someone who owns the pins to chime in. Cindy and Jasmine look fake to me both from the waffle pattern on the back and the fact that both have no lips painted in. I'd guess that belle is also fake because i can't see any color on her lips either but its hard to tell. Also the nubs on the back look tiny compared with normal ones. I've never seen the 30th pin before so i'm not sure what its supposed to look like. But i think all genuine pins would have nubs on the side of the posts. Also i'm not sure why one post in a different metallic color, it also looks as if each post is a slightly different size but that could be an optical illusion? But again someone here should be able to give better info who actually has the pin.:eeyore:

Last edited:
That Ariel set was made with different metal dependig where is was sold. So there is a Rosé gold back for sure, I have that whole set new in box on my collection. Bought it directly at the disney pin event it was relesed on. I think the silver back set was released at D23 with a lot lower LE.

I don't want to speculate if yours are real or fakes.

I'll give my guesses but i'd wait for someone who owns the pins to chime in. Cindy and Jasmine look fake to me both from the waffle pattern on the back and the fact that both have no lips painted in. I'd guess that belle is also fake because i can't see any color on her lips either but its hard to tell. Also the nubs on the back look tiny compared with normal ones. I've never seen the 30th pin before so i'm not sure what its supposed to look like. But i think all genuine pins would have nubs on the side of the posts. Also i'm not sure why one post in a different metallic color, it also looks as if each post is a slightly different size but that could be an optical illusion? But again someone here should be able to give better info who actually has the pin.:eeyore:
Thanks--I had a feeling the Sparkle Castle pins weren't real. Jury still out on the Mermaid pin...

Back