Looking for Country Bears, Gifts and Villain Faces!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Joseph Hunt, Dec 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph Hunt

Joseph Hunt Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hello, Everybody! Fairly new here, lol... made one trade a month or so ago and been thoroughly ignored since; but, that's no deterrent, as I am heading to Disney World on the 23rd, and would like to know if the 2019 Hidden Mickey pins are still being found on the cast members lanyards or in the pin books down there? Really appreciate any "updates" anyone might provide! Thanks and happy trading in the New Year!

Connies_Hobby and akarih like this.
  2. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    177   0   0

I just got back from 2 weeks over Christmas, and I was also there for two weeks in November. Both trips, 2019 Wave C pins were hard to come by, but I did have reasonable luck finding 2018 Wave B, 2019 Wave A & B pins. If you catch a location just after they've been refreshed you can really make out, but if you mistime it, it can be slim pickings.

However, the 2019 Wave C pins are now in packs. They are a red color. I'm hoping this will A. take the pressure off a bit, and B. People will trade their extras onto lanyards.

There is a new, large pin board at the new Epcot pin location (at the old Camera Center at the front of the park). We had decent luck, the 3 days we tried. And with the Disney Parks Blog announcement about special pin trading with large boards at Animal Kingdom on New Year's Eve, I'm hoping this is the start of a renewed focus on pleasurable Cast Member trading and maybe better refreshing.

3. Fins4pins

Fins4pins Active Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I might be able to help you out with this, sending you a Pm

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  4. MischiefMade

MischiefMade Ghost Dog Trainer

0   0   0

I didn't find much for the first few days of my vacation. After that I got a selection of all 3 waves and quite a few duplicates.

5. OpieDoodle

OpieDoodle Member

0   0   0

Hidden mickey pins really are hit and miss. I have the best luck looking for them at resorts. In the parks they are extremely hard to come by on a CM regardless there are just a lot of pin traders in the parks watching for them. My last trip I found 10 HM pins on our weekend trip. All but two of them came from resorts. I am also the person that checks every cast member for pins.

Your best bet it catching cast members as they're just getting on their shift. Like I found the most when I was at a gift shop in a resort and the manager came on duty and had a lanyard FULL of them.

6. Joseph Hunt

Joseph Hunt Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

lol... OpieDoodle! Vibrating at just the thought! Thanks guys for all the thoughtful replies! Hopefully, I'll have some exhilaratingly good fortune and wind up leaping merrily into whole heaping Waves of these Highly prized new releases!!! We'll keep ya posted, and thanks again! Happy New Year to All!!!

timeerkat and Ajk like this.
  7. Jasabout

Jasabout Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Can’t speak to Disney World, but the wife and I were at Disneyland a few weeks ago and we came across HMs in the resorts.

8. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Welcome! I just got back from WDW and while I do recall seeing HM pins on lanyards, I don't collect them, so I couldn't tell you which year/wave they were (sorry). I would think you still should be able to find 2019 pins on lanyards ... especially since, as @hopemax stated, they're available for purchase in stores. I also agree with @OpieDoodle in that looking for them can be very hit-or-miss; just politely ask to see every cast member's lanyard and hope for the best.

9. Joseph Hunt

Joseph Hunt Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thank you all for the very helpful responses! We had great fortune at check-in, where we walked up to a perfectly crammed pin board, and then, several fully-loaded CM's in the gift shop! We had good luck in Animal Kingdom too! But, as predicted, for the most part, we found very little 2019's throughout the parks! Had a blast in trying though! Anyhoo, gonna look to open up a "Trade" thread now, in hopes of completing some sets! Thanks again, and if anyone needs any WDW 2019 Hiddens, check me out... I might have 'em for trade!

Jasabout, Fins4pins and Ajk like this.
  10. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby SPREADING the DISNEY PIN MAGIC!!

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0

hello Joseph. Welcome to the DPF Community / family. You have a lot of great advice above. Hope you've made some progress with your hidden mickeys.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Fins4pins likes this.
  11. Joseph Hunt

Joseph Hunt Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I wanted to open up a topic in the "Pin Trading" forum, but, somehow, I have insufficient privileges to post! Why would this be, and how can I obtain the correct amount of privilege? Thanks again!

12. Fins4pins

Fins4pins Active Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Send me a PM on what HM your looking for and what extras you have to trade.

13. stratasfan

stratasfan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Ditto! Send me a PM, too. We have a bunch of the more recent HMs!

14. Joseph Hunt

Joseph Hunt Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Awesome! So, I have some assorted Bambi, (Mother, Thumper and Bambi), Attraction Signs ( Movie Ride, Pan, Carousel and Dumbo) , Short Films (Skeleton & Barn Dances and Backyard Concert and the Steamboat completer) , Doghouses (Pluto & Lucky), a Lucifer Pixels pin and a complete set of Country Bears w/ a few doubles... I would love to use these to get some Disneyland Wave B Princesses, (Snow White, Aurora, and Cinderella), a Jack Trophy, and the Mickey, Minnie, and Jack Watches! Would also love to trade for the Wave A "stylized attractions" Monorail and Thunder Mountain pins - and certain "Weathervanes & Duos" are interesting too!

15. Joseph Hunt

Joseph Hunt Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Again, (as I did request this info from a moderator, last week, but received no response, as of yet) I wanted to open up a topic in the "Pin Trading" forum, but, somehow, I have insufficient privileges to post in there... So, can someone please let me know why would this be, and how I can, lol... obtain the correct amount of privilege? Thanks again!

16. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    177   0   0

You need to have made 30 posts (you are currently at 10) to post a new thread in any of the Marketplace sections. So just chit-chat in the main board, and you'll be fine. It won't be instantaneous when you reach 30, but it will update permissions the next time the server does it's updates (up to 24 hours).

Connies_Hobby and starry_solo like this.
  17. Joseph Hunt

Joseph Hunt Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

lol... That oughta be fun! Thanks!

18. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles Resident Cake Baker Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

You need to be a member for 10 days and have 30 posts in order to open a thread in the marketplace (trading/selling). You currently only have 12 posts.

Connies_Hobby likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.