• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Looking for Help & Info About Rare Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for Help & Info About Rare Pin

Merryweather

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
408   0   0
Hello lovely folks of DPF!

I have been out of pin circles for quite a while, but a collector reached out to me for help about a pin. I am completely clueless about it, so I wanted to check with members of our forum.

The pin in question is not on Pinpics (yet), but similar pins are. The owner of this pin did some reaserach and found out that it is a very rare, service award pin that was (probably) made to go on top of CM name tags in Disneyland. He thinks that there is a good possibility for it to be LE 3.

The pin itself is not on Pinpics, but very similar pins given as service awards for other years are.

Is there anyone who can tell us more about this pin? Also, any ideas about its value?

Your help is much appreciated :)

20160323_081749_zps09t3ocie.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Here are pins similar to this one:

Last edited:
My guess since it's so similar to the other years its value/popularity would be the same as other years.. Also rare doesn't necessarily equal valuable.. Looks like the others have about 20 people wanting and something similar sold for $60ish so that's about where I'd put it..

I do not know if it is appropriate to mention names from "The FB" in here, but in the Disney Pin Auctions group a member had a gold service pin up for auction. They never mentioned if it was LE and how many. I have a PM in to the member right now to see how much it went for.

OK got some more info ... Here is the blurb the seller posted about the pin ... and it looks to be the same one, or very similar to the one you posted above. Sorry it is a picture. Will need to click on it to enlarge ...

Here is a pic of the back ... the stamp is not all that clear ...

Lastly, there is an eBay auction for this pin.

I know this seller to have been very honest, open and VERY willing to answer questions for me even when I am not buying a pin or asking about one of his auctions. If some one is looking to buy it, I would seriously trust them ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, weird don't remember ever hearing about this award at all at the mouse house.... Never saw one that i can recall either. Nor were we asked to nominate anyone. There was an award to be had if you got a certain number of Guest Compliments filed at City Hall. But that was mostly something we heard about but never saw ANYONE actually get. Strange.

Many thanks to everyone who took time to give me info & feedback.
Counselor, I think that the seller of that pin is the same person I am trying to help.

Happy Easter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back