• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Magical Mystery Set- Cats & Dogs; Released already??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magical Mystery Set- Cats & Dogs; Released already??

Mischiefmanaged

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
So there is a new set on disneypins.com that I'm going to need. It's not due to come out until May, but I just noticed a few of them popping up on ebay already. When you click on the listing on disneypins.com it doesn't give you updated information about the edition size, price, etc. It says open edition, but I HIGHLY DOUBT that the price is $4.95 (maybe $14.95?). Oliver, Figaro, and Perdita have all shown up on ebay already. Can anyone confirm if these were released already or are we looking at the unfortunate possibility of fakes already?? It also shows only a release at DLR, but the person who listed them is located in Florida. If they have been released already, can anyone confirm the edition size, price, chasers, number of pins to a box, etc?

Magical Mystery Set - Cats & Dogs
Date: 05/02/2013
Retail: $4.95
Edition Size:

ugh. be careful what you wish for. I hope not to get too nutty completing this set. personally I'd steer clear of the bay - way too suspicious! :rant:

I havent seen them at MK (as of yesterday) or Epcot (as of Friday)

I plan to hit DTD and DAK tomorrow so will check..

I'm wondering if its a single pin for 4.95 not so much a set...

I believe the previous Magical Mystery series have been $4.95 for a single pin sold in black poly bags so the price sounds right. I haven't looked at the listings for these on eBay but with a release date of 4/04 at WDW and them listed from FL sellers, it sounds fine to me. The only thing with a hard release date is Limited Edition and Limited Release, anything open stock is put out as soon as the stores receive it. I have found pins that were new about bought them before they were even listed on ODPT as an upcoming release. A few days after I bought it, it was finally listed as having a release date about 3 weeks out. With open edition items, the release date is when every location that will carry it have received it by then.

The Mystery Set was available last Saturday (3/9) at Pin Traders in DTD in WDW. There are 5 dogs and 5 cats. Lady is missing from the picture. They are in teal-colored sealed bags and are $4.95 each. They are about the size of a quarter plus the collar.

Last edited:
Ditto to the above. In 4 days at WDW this week I only saw them at one place (the main pin station in Epcot near Spaceship Earth). They are $4.95. The art looks cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back