Mail Days (Post your latest Acquisitions)

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by earthbound, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Stewbaws

Stewbaws Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

This week I've received my very first grail mail. I worked out a trade with a lady on the UK Pin Facebook group which took a step to another level for me when I saw what she had available to trade.

Here's everything I received. I'm sure you can work out the grail ;)

[​IMG]

Sorcerer Mickey from DLP. And the box is signed by the artists. And he glows in the dark. And he's super jumbo. And those colours!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Busy little elf over here finally getting into my pinbag from my DLR trip...okay here we go...

1-probably the most amazing experience...hubs and I decided to do the tangled puzzle, bought the last boxes in park and voila! Flynn Ryder is found but pending trade details and am excited at the prospect to complete my first puzzle...also hubs and I agreed we should have bought a lottery ticket on the day we got those boxes because what are the chances? Disney magic is real yo!
    [​IMG]

2- board and CM trades, I’m sure some are scrappers but not too worried about it, they all spoke to me in some way; not pictured, how was a big hero six puzzle piece on a board? Well it was so I snagged it...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3-trades with people, trying to finish my bag/box mystery sets, getting closer and closer...completed my starwars helmets on the final trade of the trip...probably freaked the kid out but did give him two pins for that last helmet because I was in a great mood and also Disney magic is real
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4-[​IMG]

Phew! Need to update my pinpics but not tonight...maybe tomorrow night...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  3. MommaIvy

MommaIvy Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Congratulations on your first grail! It’s as big as a dinner plate!

Stewbaws likes this.
  4. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

I was going to say the chocolate santa! ;) That glow in the dark affect is really great. Congrats!

Kerri780 and Stewbaws like this.
  5. cadien

cadien Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

[QUOTE="ItzaPinfan, post: 991213, member: 25700

[​IMG]

4-[/QUOTE]

Due to some major real life distractions, I haven't been able to gather and post (or even sometimes open) my pin mail in quite a while, but I did recently complete this helmet set as well!

Spr175psu and ItzaPinfan like this.
  6. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    132   0   0

Now that’s a proper glow-in-the-dark pin! Congrats!!

Stewbaws likes this.
  7. Stewbaws

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Well the chocolate Santa was a close second ;)

8. Stewbaws

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

He's huge... And really heavy!

Tokaji likes this.
  9. DeputyDonald

DeputyDonald Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

It’s a hobbymaster pin display case. They run about $25 each. I hang it on my wall and it displays my more special pins nicely. I use regular pin boards for my other pins. I liked this one so much I bought my wife one for her favorites in her collection.

Hobbymaster Pin Collector's Compact Display Case for Disney, Hard Rock, Olympic, Political Campaign & Other Collectible pins, Holds 20-50 pins (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J6AR2NM/?tag=thebroketogra-20

10. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

Christmas came early to my house. Besides opening my wonderful Secret Santa package, I opened a mega trade with @Xanaduhaz and an Instagram purchase.

Here is a picture of my end of the trade with Hazel. [​IMG]
    The BatB stained glass pin is awesome. I love it. My niece is going to go crazy over the Dancing Rapunzel. It's part of her Christmas gift. I have the Dancing Belle and she loves it.

Next, I made a purchase. Last week the Wizard Duel mystery set dropped and I needed me some pins. [​IMG]
    I opened them and was pretty happy with the pins I got. I only got three Mims out of the 10 and they were the same. [​IMG]But ill Dragon Mim is so wonderful, I can't be mad at three of them. This means I have some trading in my future.

PS: @timeerkat was right. These pins are huge, especially the round Mims.

11. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    132   0   0

Is the dumbo a card? it's so cute!

slbrabham likes this.
  12. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

The Dumbo is a card. It's too cute!

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  13. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    295   0   0

Holy kablooey! You got three chasers in five packs? Congrats on your lucky pull! (And actually, you technically got all Merlins, since this Mim is, I think, supposed to be the Merlin chaser - Merlin as a germ!)

14. Haunted575

Haunted575 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

[​IMG][​IMG]

Yippee I have pin mail! Received Mal Skate and Small World Mystery from @summerskin game with a Kingdom of cute zap! Thanks @summerskin

Also received my pickups from the fabulous @MerlinEmrys. Merlin zapped Haunted JR the Bambi present pin and Alice is a trade with @speedwaystar1. Thanks guys!

15. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

You are right. :) I did get Merlin on all the pins.

I was real pleased with my packs. The two extra chaser pins will make it easier to trade for a.) the other chaser and b.) other pins from this set. Now I just need to trade.

16. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

Those are some great pins. You covered several collections. Congrats!

Haunted575 likes this.
  17. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

Small but mighty pin mail today!

[​IMG]

The kronk is a mini grail and now leaves me 6 away from being an ENG completist. And 1 away from being a Kronk completist.

[​IMG]

I’ve been trying to get this one for about a year. Between this and the LE 15 Toad, I truly believe that this hobby is all about patience and not getting discouraged should a pin not become available, even for a long time, or available but at an exorbitant cost.

Side note: I also got a super cute Chandu sorcerer hat pin for my daughter’s stocking but I didn’t have time to take a picture since she kept trying to grab it out of my hands.

18. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin No Disney Character Left Behind Proclaimer

Rating - 100%
    96   0   0

OOOOOhhhhhhhhh, Aaaahhhhhhhh, ooooooooohhhhh, aaaaaaahhhhhhhh! lol That's all I can say! Love everything you got.

19. stitchismyspiritanimal

stitchismyspiritanimal Active Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Got my pin from @summerskin that I won in her contest today! I also received several items, which I will have to describe and not post a picture of, because Tapatalk doesn't believe I'm logged in, even though I can DM and post. Grrr. So, without further ado, @summerskin also included a very cute Stitch figure, two pieces of delicious looking candy, a Pinocchio Adventure is Out There pin (3 down, 5 to go), and a very sweet Thank You card. So floored, and in awe of your generosity, @summerskin. Thank you so very much, Don.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ajk and watzshakinbacon like this.
  20. Disneychildwithin

Rating - 100%
    96   0   0

Pinmail from Anne, @TheMickeyMouseRules, she zapped me with 2 HM's...so close to completing the daughters of Triton! The Pluto will last long enough for the photo before my daughter takes it away. I've had my eyes on the Scariest Moments set for a long time and now it's mine!!! Muaaahahahaaaa.....
    Slowly working on the Robin Hood pins, but here's Friar Tuck to start me off. The vials I bought because I'm a sucker for a sale...they are pretty cute in person though.

[​IMG]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

21. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

@Disneychildwithin

Are you looking to collect the SitS mystery set? I know we share a love for mystery sets.

22. Disneychildwithin

Rating - 100%
    96   0   0

YES! Currently stalking ebay... Merlin and Mim's duel is one of my all time favorite scenes.

slbrabham likes this.
  23. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

I love it, too. I want to collect all the pins and make a frame of them. If you get some duplicates and want to trade, keep me in mind. :)

CanaDaLE and Disneychildwithin like this.
  24. Disneychildwithin

Rating - 100%
    96   0   0

Will do...let me get some first. :)

slbrabham likes this.
  25. *Firefly*

*Firefly* Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

This week I'm adding to my WDI Peter Pan's Flight collection thanks to the recent eBay coupon, and mercifully the new WoE are way more reasonable to obtain!

[​IMG]