Mail Days (Post your latest Acquisitions)

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by earthbound, Oct 22, 2010.

1. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    174   0   0

Grail Mail! This lanyard was given out to people who stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge on Opening Day, April 16, 2001. I cried when I saw it THEN, and it's taken 18 years. I've only seen full lanyards a few times over the years, and always for like $300. But finally one, popped up at a price I was comfortable with. The funny thing is that there was/is another one on Ebay, and I was going to send a Best Offer when we got back from London. When we got home, it said that the auction had ended. And I was really bummed until I saw this one under "similar items" and for quite a bit less than I was going to offer for the other one. So I snatched this one, and then a few days later, the other one at the higher price was relisted. Patience, young padawans.

[​IMG]

And a few other things from @jjgasman sale and another Ebay find.

[​IMG]

I am so grateful to have been able to purchase the Enchanted Tiki Room E-Ticket Attraction at a fair price because look what happened to my first one!

[​IMG]

It simply disintegrated! I still need to find a replacement for the Parade of Dreams float pin. They have been on a board for years, in our finished basement away from any hot or cold heat source, no sun. I was cleaning late last year, and when I dusted the board, pieces started falling off. I've never seen anything like it. So heed this warning, about overspending on a pin made in a cheap Chinese factory!

TonkaToy, Ajk, fredriclynnea and 11 others like this.
  2. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    296   0   0

Congrats, that is amazing!

3. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

Do you still have all the pieces? I could probably solder them back together for you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

krand1276 likes this.
  4. DawnB

DawnB Active Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

April Pins
    [​IMG]

Ajk, tiffychann, cyke23 and 5 others like this.
  5. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

What a great story and definitely a lesson for us all to be patient!!

6. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Woo hoo!
    Got Flynn Rider and so excited to have Rapunzel....Dale is super cute, major ISO Chip holler if you have him FS/FT

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    174   0   0

Thanks for the offer, but I think there is something simply wrong with the material. I can snap the pieces into smaller pieces (I just did to see if I could), enamel is falling out. So I think solder would just make it worse. Plus, now I think it's too damaged, lol.

8. cyke23

cyke23 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0

I broke out of pin jail since I was going to Disneyland and to the docfish2u party last weekend, so here’s my April pins.

I got some SW and Avengers Endgame pins from the parks. I bought a ton of pins from FB and boxlunch. Thanks @akarih for the mascots trade and zap. Thanks @Stewbaws for a DLP pick-up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I couldn’t resist a less-than-at-cost DLP advent calendar on the bay. I’m not punching holes in it, so I cheated and pulled out the pins now because I can’t wait. I love these.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Stewbaws

Stewbaws Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Wow... So many cool pins!

I keep my eyes on the UK Disney website for the price going down on that advent calendar haha. They're still selling it full price!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

10. Kerri780

Kerri780 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

DLP had it on sale themselves during Jan/Feb didn't they!

MommaIvy likes this.
  11. Stewbaws

Stewbaws Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

It went on sale ever so briefly and not by much of a reduction hehe... Maybe I was just holding out for more

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

MommaIvy and Kerri780 like this.
  12. MommaIvy

MommaIvy Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Pin mail for Momma

[​IMG]

Was missing WDW but this sure helps. Looks like I might be getting serious about my Moana collection.

13. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

What is the best way to recover from the post Disney vacation blues? Disney pin mail! Here are the DSSH Wedding pins from @Ajk. [​IMG] I love them.

Here are assorted other pins from IG trades and auction purchases. [​IMG]

Hours in a car allows you plenty of time to search Disney pins. I have been low key trying to complete the first Villaintine set so I was super happy to snap up Facilier. The DSSH BatB Best song matches the Aladdin one I already own.

MommaIvy, Ajk, fredriclynnea and 8 others like this.
  14. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0

Got my goods from @jjgasman’s awesome sale. I love them all but especially excited about two of them. First, the mint julep. You see them quite a bit on lanyards but they are always scrapped, with the wrong colors. I’m pretty sure this one is legit and happy to finally have it. And then there’s Donald. I’ve had the rest of the set and have needed him since the release in 2007!! He never shows up under the right circumstances. Until now. Thanks JJ!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  15. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

NorCal Pin Trading Event haul...the hubs had his eye on that Boba because you know May the 4th be with you...lol...huge thanks to @AlaskanMalamute for the trades (3 pin trade + the Belle ZAP)

[​IMG]

16. Kerri780

Kerri780 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Love the Kaa window!

17. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0

Nice haul! Do you lie down and sleep on top of them to protect them? I would! :D

watzshakinbacon and ItzaPinfan like this.
  18. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0

Nice progress on those windows!

ItzaPinfan likes this.
  19. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0

Awesome job on the HMs!

slbrabham likes this.
  20. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0

Awesome find. Congrats!

21. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

So I finally picked up my mail yesterday from the post office! Between the jet lag, being sick, working two jobs, and the sheer laziness, I hadn't picked up my held mail for about a week after getting back from DLP.

But it sure was amazing! First, an apology to the totally awesome @Disneychildwithin for only getting this beautiful package yesterday and not thanking her sooner. My daughter loved all of it! Will separately post in the zap thread but here's a little preview :)

[​IMG]

I almost tried to justify that the package was for me, but my daughter quickly corrected me.

Next, I received this tiny, but toad-ally frustrating pin to track down. Remember those two co-ops I attempted for a single pin out of a 39 pin framed set? Well, I finally struck a deal with a seller rather than purchasing the full 39 pin set.

[​IMG]

Finally mine! I'm now only 1, yes that's right, O-N-E, pin away from being a Mr. Toad completist! And that includes the ride, the secondary characters, pins that just have the word, "Mr. Toad". Everything! Only 1...

I also came home to this trade from a really nice Facebook trader!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I must say, some of these fantasy pins are very well done. For all keeping score, that is my second fantasy pin and first Hercules one and I love it! Is it board-worthy? We'll have to wait and see. My second Hercules board is well under way and there is plenty of space...for now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And that is all folks! Not as much pin mail as I typically come home to after a long trip, which is good because I bought a ton at DLP and have some more purchases in the works. Stay tuned!

Mike_Mouse, timeerkat, cyke23 and 9 others like this.
  22. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Finally purchased one of my Grails. I usually don't spend too much on a a single pin, but I have had my eye on this one for a couple of years.
    Also got some cute Kinder Egg figures - not pins, but they will go into the Si and Am frame that I am working on. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. akarih

akarih Resident Meme Lord

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Well this definitely isnt mail but I found this terrifying photo of Minnie from my last trip today... where are her pupils?[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Shelterkat likes this.
  24. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    116   0   0

Haha....white-walker Minnie

25. akarih

akarih Resident Meme Lord

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Breaking: Disney acquires Game of Thrones