Mail Days (Post your latest Acquisitions)

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by earthbound, Oct 22, 2010.

1. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

Omg! Darn border being closed! I've drive up this weekend to try a couple of those!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

CanaDaLE likes this.
  2. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

I received several packages recently with some great pins.

I got two pins from shopDisney. They arrived ... (gasp) ... well packaged in an envelope with the pin wrapped in plastic. [​IMG]

I traded for two more PatF pins with Charlotte’s cat. I now have all the pins with the cat except the WDI Cat Nap. [​IMG]

Finally, I received these two beauties. I wasn’t trying to get the profile, but it worked out that way. I am pleased to own a hero (except now I want the heroine to go with him). The Ariel Seasons was another surprise find. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ajk, Papaya, Pecosace and 13 others like this.
  3. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    87   0   0

Awesome mail day! I’ve been trying to get that Ariel for my daughter’s collection for a while now. Absolutely beautiful!

TinyTink likes this.
  4. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

Thank you. :D

TinyTink likes this.
  5. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0

Wow! Ariel.

slbrabham likes this.
  6. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    313   0   0

Ok, I am not a fan of colas at all, but RASPBERRY and MAPLE cola? :O

7. MischiefMade

MischiefMade Ghost Dog Trainer

0   0   0

Ohhhh. I'll have to look for these next time I go to the grocery store! If I have time, and it isn't too crowded that is! I used to do very leisurely grocery shopping, but now it is more a "get what you need, and get out" kind of deal.

CanaDaLE likes this.
  8. Pecosace

Pecosace Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Boy oh boy do I have some pin mail. Some I may have posted in other threads but I wanted to take a picture with all recent mail from the past month.
    The first I received was the Peter Pan and Epcot retro logo HM pins from @MerlinEmrys for the Secret Santa! I was elated with my first marquee pin, a Love is an adventure SIGNED pin, and two HM pins I didn't have already! Wow! It was some great Xmas in July gifts for sure.

Then I got to the left of that, my prize pack from @TonkaToy Anniversary contest! I was super happy with the pins since the DLR skull pin matches my similar WDW skull pin, the Swiss family robinson pin is great since I love the treehouse at MK, the Star Tours is another FP HM pin I needed, and best of all is the Marc Davis mystery set which now I definitely need to complete the whole series!

I also made a trade with @Rick195275 (who I highly recommend trading with! since has good traders and good communication) and got another awesome mystery pin of Madame Leota, 2 Monster Inc pins, and two Disney Mascots pins (love this series!).

On the bottom right is an extremely generous zap from @summerskin from @CanaDaLE game which was super sweet. I've been eyeing this pin for a while but never got around to getting it so thank you so much!

The next two purchases 150% put me into pin jail for probably a while. I saw this glorious jumbo pin from the website-that-shall-not-be-named and it was very pricey but I thought it was an amazing pin that jumped up high on my wants list since it would be my first jumbo and is Spaceship Earth and Sorcerer Mickey. I know many people were relived when the wand was taken down but I do miss it and have such nostalgic memories seeing it since I went to Epcot and the other parks while it was up and that is what I associate it as being my first memories in WDW (also feel the same way about the Sorcerer Hat at MGM tbh, unpopular opinion). I ended up shopping around and found it half the price from the initial listing I saw at the price that what it sold for and was just a few dollars over when shipping was factored in (I'm still amazed I got this jumbo for practically at-cost pricing 15 years later but I recognize that wand is seen as an eye-sore to many so may account for low demand).
    The second pin set was from when POTC 3: At World's End was released and I've traded for the pins in the set over the years but ended up getting rid of them for some reason. My sister has the middle Captain pin, but I wanted to find and trade for the whole set....butttt when the full set in original boxing for a third less of original at-cost pricing I couldn't resist and snagged it with free shipping to boot as well. I'm very happy with my purchases but going to have to save some before I make anymore soon!

And lastly (I think I posted another one of these in a previous mail days post) I got a geocoin mailed to me for visiting and finding geocaches in the Florida State Parks (one of my favorite spots to visit). I love geocaching and these coins are so cool that I enjoy collecting them as well. I was happy to receive it so wanted to post it as well!
    [​IMG]

9. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Wow, what great #pinmail! Finding that PotC set in the box is super lucky, because many of them have been faked! Also love that Epcot jumbo. I have a similar one that I got for a steal.

Pecosace and coblj003 like this.
  10. Pecosace

Pecosace Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Thank you! When I was looking at the individual pins it did seem that a lot were selling for really cheap which was suspicious.

11. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    48   1   0

Could also be because they were at character warehouse for like $5, so they ended up on a lot of cast lanyards.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Pecosace, Haunted575 and coblj003 like this.
  12. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Scrapper Spotter!

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Super excited to get these in the mail today. Finally got my hands on a cute Child pin, and for 2.00 less than what I would have paid retail with shipping. Somehow, I have started collecting Pluto Halloween pins...how does that even happen? Haha.
    When I first saw how orange he is, I got worried the pin might be a scrapper. Nope, he really is supposed to be orange, must be the moonlight in that scene!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020 at 11:49 AM
  13. brattyjedi

brattyjedi Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

[​IMG]

Finally got the Frozen Arendelle castle! I didn’t get it in the drawing but @Ajk got one, sold it on to me at cost, and arranged with me to have it shipped directly from Disney to me to save time and money on an extra shipping step (which still took awhile ShopDisney shipping being what it is). Thanks so much, Ajk!! Just 8 more to go, lol.

[​IMG]

14. DisneyJ

DisneyJ Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Finally opened up the packs of Wishables pins. Here are the results. I lined them by opened bag. Note, where you see a different pin is where the bag varied. The extras are not for trade (yet). However, that is subject to change.

[​IMG]

15. brattyjedi

brattyjedi Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Got 4 boxes of the “Happiness is...” mystery set in the mail from a friend in Orlando and came so close to a perfect pull for a complete set! Just one duplicate (Haunted Mansion) so just missing one (Ear Hat). If anyone has the ear hat and wants to trade for a Haunted Mansion I’d be super excited for that. I’d also be up for a trade for another Mickey Bar as my niece lives almost exclusively on those things when she gets near any Disney property so I kinda need an extra of that pin for her. Should’ve probably got another box to account for that.

[​IMG]

16. *Firefly*

*Firefly* Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Got two separate ShopDisney orders today. First the LEs from the other week, yes they were all just tossed in a box with one sheet of tissue paper, and as always the I Collect pin was off its card but the Mickey Ears backers stayed in the box this time so that's a win? :rolleyes: Additional note, the retro Mickey pin is small, the packaging is nice but it is not a $35 pin, $25 tops so disappointed in that.

[​IMG]

And the wife loved the Orange Bird Park Pal so much I was told I was REQUIRED to get more. I complied.
    (These were also thrown in the box with one piece of tissue paper :()

[​IMG]

17. momin.ator

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0

Do they pinch and clip?

*Firefly* likes this.
  18. *Firefly*

*Firefly* Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Yes! The come with little stands that are in the design of what's on the package, or they can clip onto other small things.

momin.ator likes this.
  19. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    313   0   0

Not pins, but got a super special shipment from Loungefly today!

[​IMG]

I also got my shipment from Hallmark, to keep myself Inside Out ornament completist (I own every official Inside Out ornament produced...that I have knowledge of, at least ;) ). Not a photo of the exact ornament, but it's this one. His flame hair lights up.

[​IMG]

20. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

An incredibly late shipment, and a super quick one! I am so so so in love with all these pins. If anyone has any Hocus Pocus mystery pins that they'll trade outside the set for, please hit me up! This set is adorable and bigger than I expected.

[​IMG]

CCofRR13, Pecosace, DisneyJ and 4 others like this.
  21. Ajk

Ajk Consider yourself...at home...

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

I got a lot of great stuff recently.

Bought this wonderful lady from @LittleBird ‘s sale. And since I already had Ferguson and Dingwall, I now need to get all the other Brave PTDs of course.

[​IMG]

Look at all this stuff from a trade with @echan50 ! The trade was just for the Minnie and Johnny. But she added in all those fun stickers and goodies plus not one, not two, not even three(!) but four!!! Four HM zaps!!! My piggy set is almost complete!

[​IMG]

And then there’s this big batch of pins from @Haunted575 ‘s latest game, and another HM zap! What’s that you say? You don’t recall me picking the Yzma DT? That’s very astute of you. I did not. @broadwaybookworm was able to whisk her away to safety in an early pick in order to trade it to me! I’m so glad she was open to doing a trade. I’m slowly but surely making progress on the DTs, but still have a ways to go.

[​IMG]

I am trading some of the pins from the game (not Yzma of course) so let me know if you are interested in something.

And a massive THANK YOU to everyone for all the awesome pins!

22. stitchismyspiritanimal

stitchismyspiritanimal PinPics ID: chrisdonturner

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Received these great Stitch pins from a trade with @Peterjordan.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020 at 5:20 AM
  23. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

It was a week of Shop Disney and Loungefly pins. I ordered the two NBC pins from Shop Disney. They were loose in a box with a sheet of tissue paper - no bubble cushion or anything. The I collect was floating around the box loose. I was lucky with my Loungefly pins as I got both Mulan pins . I only need Mushu to collect the set. My sister gave me the two perfume bottles for Ariel and Belle.

[​IMG]

Inside of NBC.
    [​IMG]

Loungefly
    [​IMG]

24. momin.ator

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0

Yay! You got Yzma!

Ajk and Haunted575 like this.
  25. Ajk

Ajk Consider yourself...at home...

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

LOL. Yeah. I just kept going down the list.

momin.ator and coblj003 like this.