Mail Days (Post your latest Acquisitions)

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by earthbound, Oct 22, 2010.

1. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jill

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

MMA Dumbo Pin Set (x2)
    MMA Dumbo Mug
    Cinderella Key
    Frozen Castle Pin (by way of Hong Kong)

*Edit - Apparently, posted too early - Second Series of Toy Story Alien Remix pins will arrive today too!

[​IMG]

bcol, CCofRR13, Ajk and 5 others like this.
  2. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    402   0   0

I had to. LOL
    A Cinderella Soft Serve cone. I couldn't resist.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

CCofRR13, Ajk, coblj003 and 8 others like this.
  3. *Firefly*

*Firefly* Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Not sure, I think they just decided to do it that way, the Chip on the big Christmas one can slide back and forth, and the other one Mickey and Pluto are a pin on pin. The small ones have some pin on pin elements too, they are all very nice pins, glad I got them.

bcol and tiggeriffic like this.
  4. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Picked up the new Mulan pins and PTDs from DSSH today. Keeping a set for myself.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papaya, CCofRR13, Ajk and 12 others like this.
  5. stitchismyspiritanimal

stitchismyspiritanimal PinPics ID: chrisdonturner

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

Great haul!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

6. tiggeriffic

tiggeriffic DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Just kind of strange that they weren't consistent with them since they look like a series, but they are really nice pins! Congrats on getting them!

*Firefly* likes this.
  7. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

Awesome day. Wasn’t sure I’d get them since I’m not local. Realized release pickup was on the way to my final destination of an already planned road trip and went for it. So excited to add these to my collection.

[​IMG]

Papaya, CCofRR13, Ajk and 14 others like this.
  8. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

I had a great week for mail. I had several trades and one purchase arrive.

I ordered from Shop Disney on the day of the release but they didn’t ship the pins until August 26th. The I collect is for trade, but the others are going into my collection.
    [​IMG]

I traded with @Fins4pins for the F&G Flower Pot pins and with @chipdale4me for the Tiana. My goal is to see if I can trade for the entire F&G set by the end of the year. Thank you!
    [​IMG]

I traded on IG and through PinPics, as well. I’ve decided that I want to frame the Enchanted Emblem set with both sides showing. I’m current up to Sleeping Beauty and the spinning wheel with two of each pin now. (I need another Jafar, but I’ll trade for him. )
    [​IMG]

This was a great mail week.
    [​IMG]

Papaya, CCofRR13, Ajk and 12 others like this.
  9. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

I look forward to seeing the entire Enchanted Emblems set framed.

slbrabham likes this.
  10. cyke23

cyke23 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0

I told myself that I need to calm down on getting pins. Well….that didn’t quite work out in August. I posted the 65th attractions set already, so here are the other acquisitions. Pins are from all over the place: FB, eBay, Downtown Disney, Frank & Son, myDpins, Hot Topic/Boxlunch.

I was supposed to only get the Maleficent backpack, but apparently the other 3 came along. The Obi-Wan vinylmation is the last one I need to be complete on the regular size pins (still missing a few jumbos). The Haunted Mansion opera glasses lady cameo was the last one from the set I needed. I couldn’t resist these coffee cup fantasy pins (rainbow ears and Captain America).
    [​IMG]

Hope they come out with more villains in this black light theme.
    [​IMG]

I love this rainbow pin. I have last year’s rainbow flag pin from DLP. Hope they continue to create these jumbos every year.
    [​IMG]

Star Wars, Star Wars, Star Wars. I’m getting a bit obsessed with The Child. I originally did not want to get the AT-AT/Snowspeeder Loungefly pin, but one look in my hands, and that thought went 180.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A few pins from the 20th pin trading anniversary (still need Pluto - why is he hard to find). Several Jack Skellington pins for that side collection. I’ve been looking for the Vanessa PTD for a long time.
    [​IMG]

A few new Halloween pins. I think that candy corn castle is so cute.
    [​IMG]

A few Mickey icons for that side collection. Last D23, the Mickey kitchen sink sundae pin was sold out at the Dream Store by the time I got in, so I’m happy to have finally found it…for the dessert lanyard I’m making.
    [​IMG]

At Downtown Disney Pin Traders, they are selling 2020 pins at bogo free. I get 2 boxes, and I only want Jack Skellington. My friends with me said it would be funny if I got Brer Rabbit too (because of the Splash Mountain hype). I open the 1st box, and it has Jack and Brer Rabbit! We’re screaming for joy. I open the 2nd box, and I get Simba and another Brer Rabbit! My friend also got a couple boxes, and she got Jack Jack and a Brer Rabbit in her 1st box. The 3 of us all got one! The CM was so happy for us.
    [​IMG]

Lastly, my friend zapped me the Star Wars key. Apparently, the San Francisco Disney Store “found some” a couple weeks ago. I told her I don’t collect keys, but she said I collect Star Wars. Well, I couldn’t argue with that, and it was zap. I do really like it.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    bcol, CCofRR13, Ajk and 9 others like this.
  11. DawnB

DawnB Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

My Pin haul since March
    [​IMG]

I have a free Bruni fantasy pins coming. I’ll post a pic after they arrive.

Since there haven’t been many pins released lately that fit into my collections, I decided to collect some Animal Crossing pins
    [​IMG]
    I will be moving the larger clay pins to their own board when the board arrives.

Papaya, bcol, CCofRR13 and 7 others like this.
  12. Wander Trico

Wander Trico Member

0   0   0

omg the animal crossing ones are soooo cute! ♥

13. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

Technically not a pin but I did trade pins to get it, so I figure fair game to post here.

You may recall a recent thread by @bingandnelsonfan showing the incredible scene when Baby Yoda arrived at the Islandshire Build-a-Bear workshop. (Check it out here if you haven’t: Part 2: Baby Yoda Arrives at Islandshire's Build-a-Bear) Wife and I were blown away by the cute little fellows and mentioned how much we would love to get our hand on one. Well, @stratasfan reached out, we did a bit of negotiating, I put some pins in the mail, and a wonderful addition to our family arrived on our doorstep. Check out the awesome box! Every detail is here, even the mini adoption paper, etc.

Cocoa was a bit suspicious but his predecessor made him feel right at home.

Thanks Elizabeth and Sarah!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. bcol

bcol "They call me Bruce" ....and mupins

Rating - 100%
    81   0   0

Watch out Child! E's got teeth, E's a killer rabbit!

15. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

@swscref traded me some pins that help me progress with the Countdown to the Millennium series. This is the year of series and sets.
    [​IMG]
    Thank you!

I made a small purchase of a few pins. Most are traders except for the Mulan portrait.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    Papaya, bcol, CCofRR13 and 9 others like this.
  16. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

I'm always up for trading Millennium pins if you need anything I have. :)

bcol and slbrabham like this.
  17. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

I was gung ho about the set for awhile, collecting about 2/3 of it. I took a little break from it. Now, I’m on the lookout again. I’ll definitely look! Thanks.

bcol likes this.
  18. DawnB

DawnB Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

My Bruni collection so far.
    5 of them are Fantasy pins.
    I have 3 more pins coming, the new one just released at Paris Disney & 2 more Fantasy pins
    [​IMG]

bcol, CCofRR13, Ajk and 9 others like this.
  19. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

My Mulan Pins came in from shop Disney, so time to get them all together
    [​IMG]

bcol, CCofRR13, Ajk and 11 others like this.
  20. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

After 6 months, the doggos have arrived!!!!!

[​IMG]

bcol, CCofRR13, Ajk and 15 others like this.
  21. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

Showed the Animal Crossing pins to my daughter and she freaked out. Where did you find these?!?!? Need Ankha and Raymond!

22. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    144   0   0

6 months?! Danggg
    They’re cute!!!

23. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

MOG has been closed since March, and they delayed shipping these out.

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  24. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    231   0   0

Patiently waiting for my Princess Couples Shields/Crests. Excited that they’re coming soon. It’s been a long 6 months of waiting, congrats on getting these!

bcol likes this.
  25. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

It’s Saturday so I’m opening my pin mail. It was more a buying week with one awesomely cute trade. I got my picks from Haunted’s Revolutions pin game. I love the Arendale Castle ornament. The Alice pins are cute but are for trade. We made a trade for some Hidden Mickey pins, as well. I really love last year’s Hidden Mickey sets. [​IMG]

Here’s a story about patience, pins coming to you at the right time, and sticking to your budget. Even better, it’s about a pin I consider a grail. I have wanted the Princess and the Frog New Orleans Square pin for years, but other pins caught my eye more. This year something changed and I started actively searching for it. There were not many people trading it or selling it, and I’ve missed it a few times when the bid was above the price I set for myself.

Recently, I saw it for sale on the auction site in a lot of PatF pins with a starting price and the best offer feature. I put in a best offer which was above the starting price. When the offer was declined, I put in my maximum bid (which was what I had offered) in the max bid feature and let fate decide. I got the pin lot for the starting bid price as no one else bid anything! The New Orleans Square pin is fabulous.
    [​IMG]
    As many wiser traders have said, a pin will come to you in time if it’s meant to be. The pin came to me and I love it. This was a little happy story I wanted share.

Finally but not least,I got a cute pin from Littlebird’s sale. It’s for my sister who is a big Tangled collector. The cute sticker was a tagalong. [​IMG]

Papaya, bcol, CCofRR13 and 7 others like this.