Mail Days (Post your latest Acquisitions)

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by earthbound, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Pecosace

Pecosace Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

So I actually have a post of an actual mail day with pins that came in the mail rather than trading in person or buying at the parks.

These pins are WDI MOG LE 300 that came out in 2008. They were pins that also “existed” in VMK that you could wear on your virtual lanyard. The middle pin was the host prize so is seen as more “rare” even though it’s the same edition size. VMK is my all time ever favorite video game. Such a classic, was my childhood summed up. Being a mix of pirates and VMK, these pins were my ultimate grails and several years ago I got the two pins on the top and a Space mountain one. They usually go for a decent amount on the Bay so it’s a big deal whenever I get one and it’s been years since my last acquisition. I’ve been meaning to get some soon and I checked the other day and saw the full set for a really really good price that would be more than 60% off the sum of their individual prices so I couldn’t resist. Here they are in all their LE glory. They arrived with perfect timing since I was having a rough day so they served as the perfect pick me up and brought a smile to my face.

[​IMG]

Since I was in pin jail for all of my previous pin purchases, I’ve now been relocated to Pin Alcatraz. Hopefully my sentence will be up before my next post. Otherwise off to Pin Azkaban for me!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Connies_Hobby, CCofRR13, Ajk and 18 others like this.
  2. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Congrats on those finds, I am also in pin jail; though I get a slight reprieve on performing community service...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Pecosace likes this.
  3. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Pecosace

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Thank you! At least we can be cell mates! I only get reprieve from posting bail (getting another paycheck).
    Haha, I love it! Such a classic quote.

5. dznycrzyfmly

dznycrzyfmly Member

0   0   0

Wow, what great finds. I'm very optimistic about what I will be able to find in the parks soon then! Thanks for sharing - very fun to look at all the pins!

Pecosace and coblj003 like this.
  6. Lizard1515

Lizard1515 BATB, PATF, Cinderella, and Disney Dog collector.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

We got some new traders!
    [​IMG]

Connies_Hobby, CCofRR13, Ajk and 6 others like this.
  7. Pecosace

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Thank you, I enjoy sharing what I got!
    I really like that Haunted Mansion d23 pin. If that is a trader, I am interested! I'll PM you.

Lizard1515 likes this.
  8. stitchismyspiritanimal

stitchismyspiritanimal PinPics ID: chrisdonturner

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

@coblj003 was kind enough to put on a contest that I won "a few" prizes from.
    Up first, a humongous Mushu Pop with Crickee. [​IMG]
    Next, we have two sets of pins in a Mulan VHS case, and a Stitch tumbler that my wife has claimed. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After that is an ornament, an All Star pin, and a lanyard.
    [​IMG]
    In addition, Mushu socks(!) and a VHS cassette with lights in it...
    [​IMG]
    Finally (whew), we have a set of chop sticks, a Stitch figurine, an Apples to Apples mini game, and a blind package Disney princess figure...I mean, wow!
    [​IMG]
    Jim, all I can say is
    [​IMG]
    I'm just overwhelmed. If I recall, my prize was supposed to be the All Star pin and the lanyard, which I would have been more than happy with. Now I've got to figure out where to put all this great stuff, lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Connies_Hobby, CCofRR13, Ajk and 14 others like this.
  9. SoraPandora

SoraPandora Figaro Fan >^..^<

Rating - 100%
    159   0   0

I just got all these Star Wars pins - I won them in one of the anniversary games. Thank you so much, @bretu.

[​IMG]

These are all for trade so please don’t hesitate to send me a DM if you’re interested! You don’t necessarily need to have any of my wants.

10. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Scrapper Spotter!

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

Pin mail this week. @Pecosace picked up these amazing Halloween pins for me. Pictures do not do them justice, they are pretty. I am thinking they are some of the nicest pins I've seen from WDW in recent times.

Thanks!

@SoraPandora I think you would love these, if you don't already have them. :)
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

CCofRR13, Papaya, Ajk and 9 others like this.
  11. Pecosace

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Yay! I'm glad I could help you out with a pickup! They are nice, big, with a smooth glitter design!

12. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    81   0   0

I receieved my win from @Lizard1515 's auction today! They're so cute!

[​IMG]

We also made a scrapper trade-in deal as well. She sent 230 scrappers by my count this time. Look at the huge pile!

[​IMG]

She also zapped me this Circle of Life Scentsy jar. Very cool! I had just found out that Scentsy did Disney items earlier today. And she included these great stickers and two wonderful and inspiring bookmarks. Something uncomfortable happened right before I left work today, so the "life is tough" one really resonated with me. Amazing timing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you, Elizabeth! All of this was very appreciated!

13. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

I’m so glad you enjoyed it, each gift had a bit 2020 theme going that it felt wrong not to spread a little more cheer around...

14. Lizard1515

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

I'm so happy that you liked everything, and that it all arrived safely!! :dumbo:

krand1276 likes this.
  15. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

This past week’s pinmail!!

[​IMG]

Bulk of it is from a trade I did with someone from Belgium. The one I’m most psyched to have is the Mulan PTD.. it’s one of those pins I don’t love (it’s sooooo small!!!) but needed to be complete on Mulan PTDs so it was somewhat of a begrudging hunt. I’m glad it’s over!!!

16. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    141   0   0

So smol! I almost didn’t even see it!

krand1276 and momin.ator like this.
  17. Pibbman

Pibbman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Thank you @bretu for the wonderful holiday pins.
    [​IMG]

18. bretu

bretu Bret and Kelli

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

You are very welcome, we hope you enjoy.

CCofRR13 likes this.
  19. bretu

bretu Bret and Kelli

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Yay !

SoraPandora likes this.
  20. cyke23

cyke23 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    67   0   0

Here are the pins I acquired last month.

[​IMG]

I was surprised to find out I didn’t have this name badge from Happiest Celebration on Earth (DL 50th with WDW celebration is a side collection). I only need 1 more triangle Solo mystery pin. I like the villains set from Loungefly. The Stitch pin with dumplings is so cute.

[​IMG]

I finally finished the coin set from Disneyland Hotel. A couple more DL 65th anniversary pins. It took longer than I expected to get the Pluto emerald.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    120   0   0

Man, you weren't kidding! Congrats on so many new pins!

Pecosace likes this.
  22. dznycrzyfmly

dznycrzyfmly Member

0   0   0

What are the silver pins? Sweet that you were able to get the full set Villains mystery box, congratulations!

23. Pecosace

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Haha, thanks! Pin trading is my main priority whenever I go!

24. Lizard1515

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

Okay, so I did an auction last week and [mention]krand1276 [/mention] won!

Here are the pins she bid.
    [​IMG]
    They’re gorgeous!

I also found out she takes scrappers and repurposes them! I had over 200 possible scrappers that I just didn’t feel comfortable trading. She took them in and traded me for authentic pins. How awesome is that?!
    These are the pins I got from that!
    [​IMG]
    Pins for me, pins for mom, and 2 pins for friends!

Now this is where she REALLY stunned me. After being so nice, patient, and offering an awesome deal she then ZAPPED ME not one but TWO pins!!
    I’m in awe! We love them so much, and it was so sweet of her to include these lovely pins!! And some super cute stickers too!
    [​IMG]

She made my week so special!

25. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0

Not pins, but I got my DPF anniversary magnet and badge buttons from @TonkaToy ! I think I will be set for the next few in-person meetups (when safe to do so again). XD

[​IMG]

Thanks to TonkaToy for the amazing buttons/magnet, @cyke23 for sponsoring the anniversary magnet and shipping through the forum game, and to @Purplemandms for the artwork for the badges!