Mail Days (Post your latest Acquisitions)

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by earthbound, Oct 22, 2010.

1. sbmpins

sbmpins Pin Trader

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0

Great pins!!

May I ask where you tracked down the Maleficent dragon chase? That's the one I really want from that set!

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  2. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

My mail from this past week.

[​IMG]

With the exception of the Mulan as Ping PTD and the Mrs. Potts from the 25 Enchanted Years R/C set, it’s all from the amazing Amanda (AKA [mention]summerskin [/mention]).

[​IMG]
    My package from Amanda. It was a Christmas in February with all the surprise pin zaps and cute extras.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here are the pin zaps.

[​IMG]
    Here are the pins I purchased which are awesome. I didn’t start an Up collection, but I am helping my sister her her collection.

Thank you so much Amanda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Pecosace

Pecosace Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

I’ve received a few packages in these past few weeks (and made a visit to WDW for pin trading) and wanted to do a mail day post with all the goodies I received. All of the pins on the bubble wrap in the bottom right corner were the ones traded at WDW and there were some great pins on the boards (was shocked to see the Kingdom of cute, Maleficent snowman mystery, and Remy food and wine 2020 mystery). Very excited for the new Hidden Disney pins to drop sometime soon.

The top left is from @ItzaPinfan , thank you! I'm glad to add to my Epcot 2000 millennium collection. Thank you Itza!

Bottom left and bottom center is from a huge pickup/trade with @brattyjedi and was thrilled to receive the WDW storyteller set especially the Brer Frog and Spaceship Earth Cavemen but glad to get the others as well. We also did a great trade for the Dumbo cruiser (40% there of the ones released so far), the d23 meeko pin, an awesome Florida project 20k pin, and a very nice personal zap of Frontierland Donald from Tokyo! Thank you Rachael!

Lastly the top right and center is from @summerskin extremely generous pin sale and a trade we did (with many zaps!!). So many wonderful pins that either fit into my existing collections or a great springboard into beginning new collections. I got several new whale pins for my new whale collections and 2 wall-e pins for that new collection (that wall-e valentines day may be my new favorite). Several Nemo pins, Epcot pins, 20k pins, and some misc! She also zapped me a Black Panther mask which I'll definitely be wearing when I'm out and about! She also zapped me a POTC DSSH pin which I was thrilled to get! Thank you Amanda!

Thank you everyone for the wonderful wonderful pins! I'm looking forward to putting them on my boards!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    CCofRR13, DisneyJ, cyke23 and 10 others like this.
  4. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

Yay for Valley Fair! I usually went to the Great Mall since it was closer but Valley Fair was my JAM!

cyke23 likes this.
  5. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin No Disney Character Left Behind Proclaimer

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

I've been slacking in the pin trading/buying division, but here are my auction wins from @pretty Omi and @MerlinEmrys . Fidget was generously zapped by Omi making me that much closer to completing that set, and the Cats pin was an ebay score, pretty excited about it. Merlin's Kanine Krunchies is quickly becoming one of my favorites, it's so cute.

[​IMG]

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

6. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

I got my end of a trade for these recent Inside Out pins from Shanghai and they are GORGEOUS and solid and amazing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Pibbman

Pibbman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Wow! Just wow! I think this is the largest pin mail package I have had in a long time. Thank you @summerskin for all the wonderful zaps. Everything along the bottom was a zap... that is 8 zaps! Thank you for your generosity!
    [​IMG]

8. cyke23

cyke23 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

I
    I think that was from FB sale.

9. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

New Hidden Disney 2020 pins

I asked someone to pick up 5 packs. I got 2 identical packs of the fireworks castle and Hopper, but the rest were unique. I wanted castles and masks. My sister wants to collect the masks, as well. She claimed the extra castle. All in all, not a bad start. [​IMG]

10. Anisemurphy

Anisemurphy Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

NFT/NFS

These are TOO CUTE! (All photos Copyright © Tina Gill 2021)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. splashmtnman

splashmtnman All Wet and Sad

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Did Disney cheapen the terrarium series?
    Missing fake glass
    Thinking twice about collecting series
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  12. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    231   0   0

Oh no! I knew the top panel/pane of glass wasn’t there for Bambi, but now the sides too? Or was this one maybe defective?

13. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0

It will have to be a really special pin for me to buy any of these. (ie, never say never.) But... not interested at all in these. They seem like a nightmare to maintain.

Also as far as trading by mail... my life right now. They would be terrible to package safely for shipping. Talk about a COVID unfriendly pin.

watzshakinbacon and momin.ator like this.
  14. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

Eek yea def thinking twice about collecting these. Such a cute idea but poor execution

mybabykelly likes this.
  15. mybabykelly

Rating - 100%
    231   0   0

I was really annoyed by the Bambi pin I received too! The panels were not aligned perfectly and there was some glue residue on the window. I get pins aren’t supposed to be perfect but it looked a bit sloppy to me. I wasn’t there to pick it out in person but I wish they had better QC.

16. lionheart

lionheart Member

0   0   0

Oh my gosh these are precious!

17. SoraPandora

SoraPandora Figaro Fan

Rating - 100%
    160   0   0

Really happy to see that the leashes on this pin are made out of thread or elastic instead of the heavy looking chains they used on the last dog pins.

18. Disneychildwithin

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

These are all winners! Are they all wdi? That may be tough...

19. Disneychildwithin

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

That's too bad, I was hoping to get these.

20. Anisemurphy

Anisemurphy Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yes, they are WDI pins. I only got the Dalmatian pins from this set and skipped getting the other four pins where the owners looked like their dogs.

21. BellesEnchantedRose

BellesEnchantedRose BATB, PATF, Cinderella, and Disney Dog collector.

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

Just got home from our camping trip to a VERY large package from the always sweet and super generous [mention]summerskin [/mention].

I purchased the following (the Tiana calendar is wayyyy bigger than I expected!)

[​IMG]

Then these next ones are ALL zaps!! What?! This is so kind on top of the already kind gesture of doing this sale for her friends.
    [​IMG]

Then she sent me a super cute Minnie Mouse mask, fun stickers, these cute calendar pages, and candy!
    [​IMG]

Thanks so much Amanda!!

I also got in my WDI Dalmatian pins and I love them so much. My second dog board is gonna fill up fast!
    [​IMG]

22. Chilikitty

Chilikitty Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I just came home from vacation and found a box delivered from [mention]Pinfun [/mention]for my birthday! What a delightful surprise!!! This box was loaded with goodies from WDW and some homemade cookies as well. I can’t even tell you how thoughtful this was. I am just blown away at her generous gift and her caring. Thank you so much!! I love everything! The card with the picture of the inside of Cinderellas castle, the H2O products are my favorite and I actually just used the last of my tube I got last January, the Happy Birthday button, the cute Chip and Dale ornament pin, the finding Dory scavenger hunt book, the Festival of the Arts Passport (I was really looking forward to that...) and Epcot map. Can’t wait to warm up these Cocoa Fudge cookies and have a cup of Wonderland tea!!! Again thank you so much for your wonderful gift!

[​IMG]

23. summerskin

summerskin I control the weather

Rating - 100%
    88   0   0

I was browsing through facebook a few weeks ago and came across a trade post with my biggest single pin grail. It was just sitting there waving at me.

[​IMG]

I fretted and knew I didn't have anything that is equivalent to it. I thought long and hard about what to do while it taunted me.

[​IMG]

I mustered up the courage to message the person fully expecting a swift denial. Actual footage of me trying to get them to trade with me below.

[​IMG]

It turns out not only were they willing to look at my traders but they were super patient with me when it took me a few days to get them together due to kids and life. I waited anxiously to see if they would see anything and when they did I was SO excited. My husband even came to ask from the other room if I was okay or if I was watching gymnastics or rugby(I get loud and rowdy sometimes watching sports). I assured him I was okay and did a little dance around my house with the toddler.

[​IMG]

I packaged up my end of the trade and waited for my new pin to arrive from the UK. Every time the doorbell rang and it wasn't my package I would make this face.

[​IMG]

Finally yesterday, the package arrived and I had my grail in my possession that I never thought I would own. It was like that feeling when you catch your first wave(I can confirm getting your first barrel really is magic).

[​IMG]

I opened it up and just stared at it like this for a few minutes.

[​IMG]

And now I will finally reveal my grail pin. I feel like Elvis...the king...a model citizen...Stitch rocking out.

[​IMG]

I can't believe I own the DS Lilo & Stitch movie poster pin.

[​IMG]

It's even more beautiful in person. NFT/NFS EVER. If anyone ever tries to take it from me, I will do this.

[​IMG]

Thank you everyone for reading my grail gif story. Have a wonderful night and sleep tight like Stitch; coffee optional.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  24. mybabykelly

Rating - 100%
    231   0   0

I’m so happy for you, but I am NOT SUPRISED. This is called pin karma my friend! You get what you put out into the universe and by the looks of the zap thread (and from personal experience), you put out a lot!!! You spread so much happiness on this forum, and I’m thrilled to hear you got a dose of your own medicine!

25. Chilikitty

Chilikitty Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Guys I am so beyond excited! My kids and husband got together and got me my #1 grail for my birthday!!! I can not even tell you how much it means to me!

[​IMG]