Mail Days (Post your latest Acquisitions)

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by earthbound, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Anisemurphy

Anisemurphy Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

My first puzzle pin set was Lilo & Stitch. I was able to complete it the same day (thank goodness), but it was the first time I realized there are 'chaser' pins that aren't shown on the artwork. :eek:

Pinfun likes this.
  2. Pecosace

Pecosace Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

Over the past week I’ve gotten a lot of great Pin mail and excited to share.

The top was purchased from @MerlinEmrys from his fantastic sale that I was super glad to get to add (and to start some more collections which is always dangerous haha) and at WDW.

I finally went to my first pin trading event on Saturday and had a lot a lot of fun! I was amazed at some of the pins I got. The Haunted Mansion Christmas and from the Fairytales event I was shocked to get as well as some POTC mystery, Pandora mystery (have been wanting this set for a loooong time now so glad to get some of my top wants in the set, and more added to the Soarin around the world set which I am getting closer and closer to completing). Also got many many older pre 2000 and released in 2000 pins which I always enjoy the old pins. Got 2 Brer rabbit pins which I was shocked to get but very grateful. Some older authentic hidden mickeys that I was glad to find of course and getting very close to completing the 10 year of pin trading GWP set that I really like. And even a Jurassic Park pin!

Managed to grab a few more of the new Hidden Disney pins of Star Wars, Castles, and Lion King at WDW so very glad with that. Some older pins as well and a really neat Soarin and Rock n Roller coaster pin!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  3. Pinfun

Pinfun Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Love the custom masked Mickey thrown in there.

Pecosace likes this.
  4. Pecosace

Pecosace Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

Thank you! I was at a state park near Disney and started talking to someone who was a self-proclaimed Disney enthusiast (I would concur after talking with him for a while). I asked him if he had any pins and he said he enjoys pins and has a decent collection but doesn't usually trade or go crazy. He was claiming he had pins I've never heard of (I was like suurrrreeee). But he said his main reason for pins is to give them out and he ended up giving me that one and another one! Was a serendipitous meeting!

5. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

Got two packages in the last two days. The Genie Magical Comics was from a trade with @Pinfun for my Robin Hood collection, and the Judy zodiac pin was an ebay purchase to keep up with that collection. The character cards were a freebie that came with Judy.

[​IMG]

DisneyJ, Ajk, CCofRR13 and 7 others like this.
  6. Pinfun

Pinfun Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Wish that was me - but not it.

7. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

Oops! I means @Fins4pins !

8. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

Got this last month:

[​IMG]

I finally got a chance to get scanned pictures of the pins so I'm uploading actual pictures to PTDB. I ended up with a few of these sets, oops...

DisneyJ, Ajk, coblj003 and 10 others like this.
  9. shooting4ownhand

shooting4ownhand Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    73   0   0

I told myself I didn’t collect art pins but I couldn’t help myself. I need the whole series now.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DisneyJ, Ajk, cyke23 and 14 others like this.
  10. BellesEnchantedRose

BellesEnchantedRose BATB, PATF, Cinderella, and Disney Dog collector.

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

We got some new traders! [​IMG]

Then I also got some fun keepers!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DisneyJ, CCofRR13, Ajk and 10 others like this.
  11. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

I wonder what the “art” for the entire series will be. Any thoughts?

12. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    157   0   0

The art in this pin seems very greek gods to me... I am very non-artistic, but how about this:
    - Maleficent would be a jeweled golden chalice with maleficent from chest up on the front. The repeating design behind Mali will be an flowing artist rendering of a flying dragon? A top border repeating pattern would be the spinning wheel?

13. BellesEnchantedRose

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

I'm thinking maybe different versions of art? A painting, mixed media, wood carving, or jewelry?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I agree that each release will probably be a different medium. Sleeping Beauty’s art direction takes many cues from medieval art, so I can foresee them doing a tapestry similar to St George and the dragon...

15. BellesEnchantedRose

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

That would be awesome! Great idea!

16. Kevin

Kevin New Member

0   0   0

Looks amazing! I’ll one day finish a puzzle set, I get distracted buy other pins

17. Kevin

Kevin New Member

0   0   0

Just picked up this beauty, one step closer![​IMG]

DisneyJ, CCofRR13, Ajk and 6 others like this.
  18. shooting4ownhand

shooting4ownhand Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    73   0   0

I agree with everyone else, the art will probably be reflective of the period the movies came out. The Hades pin is influenced by Greek vases. Sleeping Beauty will definitely be medieval. Tangled has strong renaissance vibes. I do like Brave being a woodcarving. Fits with the movie so well. They could do Pocahontas with Native American art. Princess and the Frog could be done in a style from the Harlem Renaissance. I am going to be super bummed if we do not get a Princess and the Frog pin. It would be so beautiful.

19. Tallie29

Tallie29 Member

0   0   0

Ughh I neeed...

shooting4ownhand likes this.
  20. tiggeriffic

tiggeriffic DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Are there going to be 12 of these Artfully Evil pins?

slbrabham likes this.
  21. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

I think so. The Artfully Evil is a Pin of the Month release. However, as the Cruisers taught us, it may be less.

22. DisneyPrincessKovu

DisneyPrincessKovu Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I just ordered a bunch of pins from ShopDisney a couple days ago, and I'm super excited to get them! The only thing that sucks is that I live in Canada so it's gonna take forever to get here :/

bcol likes this.
  23. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0

The Gaston pin was released today. See the 2021 Pin Thread.

shooting4ownhand and slbrabham like this.
  24. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

I just saw it and it looks so cute. I know I said no new collections this year, but I’m really like the series.

momin.ator and shooting4ownhand like this.
  25. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

CONGRATS! I still need to get Belle for sis.