• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Mail Days Megathread 📬

Mail Days Megathread 📬
And I got my half of the trade from @timeerkat! Thank you for the trade! It’s such a cool and dramatic pin

792e8e7ee4758921cea9c23cbdaa01d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m so behind on posting and have so much to share!

Got my pins plus goodies from @Haunted575 ‘s great game. The Queen is from an awesome trade with @maiarebecca for her pick. I only need two more DTs! If you are trading Hades or Jafar please let me know.

7b270cec1e0bc202969958d6560055d3.jpg

662e338f8ef888fe5c0d0713b2946b82.jpg

Got this crazy huge pile of HM’s from @Fins4pins for their auction win.

26c60e50ca48d1c2a2d05f69bbc04328.jpg

Scar was a trade and Facilier was a zap from the generous @MerlinEmrys .

e7d8d04ac850b47535a87d5d59579dde.jpg

And got my DSSH delivery. Most are for trade if you need them.
8b29a9b87a3ab9bef47b12a79dd61758.jpg

b0e6a16a7ba51461d8989a82b5578465.jpg

Bit behind in posting here, but our first (and so far only) International trade finally came through. The concise story is . . . Back in April 2020, we were approached on PinPics by a member in Japan who wanted to trade. Well, she had an Anna and Elsa pin set that we *really* wanted. Real grails, to be honest. We decided that we'd swing the postage and do it. It went along fine, and we agreed on a multi-pin trade and when to ship. We took ours in and shipped them. She told us she took hers in and the Japan Post told her that she needed to order a form and it would be a week. Ours arrived to her and she responded with a full response saying they were great and she was so happy. I heard form her through May 2020, as the form didn't arrive and then she said that Air Parcel was shut down to the US because of COVID. In June 2020, correspondence thought PP and private email ceased. I emailed every week, never heard back. Her account never stopped changing, though, with pins coming and going. No gap. We were really disappointed, to say the least.

I kept at it, emailing every week. Watching Japan Post and they didn't open up Air Parcels to the US. They were open to Germany, though, and I arranged with a friend from the military forum who lives in Germany, and he was willing to have it sent to him, and then we could pay to have it shipped to us from Germany. No response from Japan, when I kept sending that offer. Nothing. Then in March 2021, I had posted on here in the PinPics Traders thread about trading with a Japanese member, and I got a message on DPF from @echoharmony who said she had just had a really good trade with a member from Japan on PP, and asked what was the username of our trader. It was the same! So, she generously offered to pass on a note, which I wrote and sent to her, and we waited.

I heard back the next day, from the account saying that it was a relative, as the original account owner had passed away. (Now, just my thoughts --- Very sad. However, if it was true or not, there was no excuse for not answering my repeated emails over the past 11 months and for continuing to use PP and change pin listings and to do other trades. So, I don't know what to think overall.) She said the pins were still there and please give her a week to mail them. Surprise of surprises . . . they arrived the next day - mailed by FedEx Express International.

So, after all that, I was really happy that they did arrive in the end, although the stress of the trade was really sad. But . . . here they are! Sis and I were over the moon with Anna and Elsa, as they were even cooler than we thought! Many thanks to @echoharmony for the help and to @TheMickeyMouseRules for helping us with International trading advice back in 2020!

They came in these really cool Mickey head bubblewrap baggies:

20210729084819-ce8e3d35-me.jpg

Here are all the pins:

i.php

After Anna and Elsa, we were really excited about the Rescue Rangers (kind of sentimental from our early years) and that B&tB pin, which doesn't look like any other pin type we've had before! The Dalmatians are for trade and some of the Disney On Demand pins, too.

Here is a close-up of our A&E gems!
20210314184908-826d3738.gif

20210729084840-f7883b05-xx.jpg

So, there's the story and the fabulous pins, which finally made it! We are so excited! Haven't found the best place on my Frozen board for A&E yet, but it is a matter of just rearranging enough! -grin-

Bit behind in posting here, but our first (and so far only) International trade finally came through. The concise story is . . . Back in April 2020, we were approached on PinPics by a member in Japan who wanted to trade. Well, she had an Anna and Elsa pin set that we *really* wanted. Real grails, to be honest. We decided that we'd swing the postage and do it. It went along fine, and we agreed on a multi-pin trade and when to ship. We took ours in and shipped them. She told us she took hers in and the Japan Post told her that she needed to order a form and it would be a week. Ours arrived to her and she responded with a full response saying they were great and she was so happy. I heard form her through May 2020, as the form didn't arrive and then she said that Air Parcel was shut down to the US because of COVID. In June 2020, correspondence thought PP and private email ceased. I emailed every week, never heard back. Her account never stopped changing, though, with pins coming and going. No gap. We were really disappointed, to say the least.

I kept at it, emailing every week. Watching Japan Post and they didn't open up Air Parcels to the US. They were open to Germany, though, and I arranged with a friend from the military forum who lives in Germany, and he was willing to have it sent to him, and then we could pay to have it shipped to us from Germany. No response from Japan, when I kept sending that offer. Nothing. Then in March 2021, I had posted on here in the PinPics Traders thread about trading with a Japanese member, and I got a message on DPF from @echoharmony who said she had just had a really good trade with a member from Japan on PP, and asked what was the username of our trader. It was the same! So, she generously offered to pass on a note, which I wrote and sent to her, and we waited.

I heard back the next day, from the account saying that it was a relative, as the original account owner had passed away. (Now, just my thoughts --- Very sad. However, if it was true or not, there was no excuse for not answering my repeated emails over the past 11 months and for continuing to use PP and change pin listings and to do other trades. So, I don't know what to think overall.) She said the pins were still there and please give her a week to mail them. Surprise of surprises . . . they arrived the next day - mailed by FedEx Express International.

So, after all that, I was really happy that they did arrive in the end, although the stress of the trade was really sad. But . . . here they are! Sis and I were over the moon with Anna and Elsa, as they were even cooler than we thought! Many thanks to @echoharmony for the help and to @TheMickeyMouseRules for helping us with International trading advice back in 2020!

They came in these really cool Mickey head bubblewrap baggies:

20210729084819-ce8e3d35-me.jpg

Here are all the pins:

i.php

After Anna and Elsa, we were really excited about the Rescue Rangers (kind of sentimental from our early years) and that B&tB pin, which doesn't look like any other pin type we've had before! The Dalmatians are for trade and some of the Disney On Demand pins, too.

Here is a close-up of our A&E gems!
20210314184908-826d3738.gif

20210729084840-f7883b05-xx.jpg

So, there's the story and the fabulous pins, which finally made it! We are so excited! Haven't found the best place on my Frozen board for A&E yet, but it is a matter of just rearranging enough! -grin-
Those are two very different and beautiful pins! Sorry for the troubles but they were worth the wait for sure.

More pins to report! (Been a couple busy pin weeks, after a lull.)

Had a great trade with @echan50. Helping me make my way through that fun NBC set.

40224d8d46dc683ee23500552bdc8ac9.jpg

Picked up this little mini (in every sense of the word) grail on the bay. I really got the dragon one and decided it really needed this one to keep it company.

60fd277e21d89a1c8a418e42417c6c52.jpg

FINALLY got this one from a pinpics trade with Mypins2 (recommended trader). It took ten years! (Getting the pin, not the trade.). It was the last one I needed for the set. Check out the completed sets thread if you want to see the others in the series.

71bee3f0037d99cedc7226bc30ea58af.jpg

And last, but in no way least, is this great one pin trade with @slbrabham. Notice that I said one pin but there are three in the picture. That’s right, a super generous TWO pin zap! Plus praline!!

0394bbae644605a334f551201d7f44e0.jpg

More pins to report! (Been a couple busy pin weeks, after a lull.)

Had a great trade with @echan50. Helping me make my way through that fun NBC set.

40224d8d46dc683ee23500552bdc8ac9.jpg

Picked up this little mini (in every sense of the word) grail on the bay. I really got the dragon one and decided it really needed this one to keep it company.

60fd277e21d89a1c8a418e42417c6c52.jpg

FINALLY got this one from a pinpics trade with Mypins2 (recommended trader). It took ten years! (Getting the pin, not the trade.). It was the last one I needed for the set. Check out the completed sets thread if you want to see the others in the series.

71bee3f0037d99cedc7226bc30ea58af.jpg

And last, but in no way least, is this great one pin trade with @slbrabham. Notice that I said one pin but there are three in the picture. That’s right, a super generous TWO pin zap! Plus praline!!

0394bbae644605a334f551201d7f44e0.jpg

OMG those pralines are AMAZING.

Some AMAZING pin mail lately!

a6a0a0c0d387a561d26fa2a143566d43.jpg

An awesome trade from our very own @TheMickeyMouseRules! Thanks! :D

76d8aaa4f821dbc1ed9fdc81c10a3c33.jpg

A nice trade from Jennifer C. on FB that swipes my GMD WDI wants out in one go!

AND FINALLY

9a629d7a6a28ab997cfdf3ea3fd2e78d.jpg

My mega grail mail trade!! From. The very fair and excellent Al G. on FB who took on an equal trader so I could finally get my last feasible Prince John grail! :D Even if I don't get the last couple to be PJ complete, I'm oh so satisfied with my collection. So I'll call that a wrap on him. :D oodallaly!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Yay! Last chunk of mail from my big FB trader blast!

4289e014330ebf8ffe373a40370c1b74.jpg

I've realize I'm so far deep into my collections now, and with relatively few wants (even though I have almost 300 listed on pinpics, 80% of them are pipe dreams), I just don't trade much these days and I missed it. So this run was nice to get some newer things that people ACTUALLY have and are willing to trade, and shuffle my traders a bit. :)

Yay! Last chunk of mail from my big FB trader blast!

4289e014330ebf8ffe373a40370c1b74.jpg

I've realize I'm so far deep into my collections now, and with relatively few wants (even though I have almost 300 listed on pinpics, 80% of them are pipe dreams), I just don't trade much these days and I missed it. So this run was nice to get some newer things that people ACTUALLY have and are willing to trade, and shuffle my traders a bit. :)

I should send you my traders (the actual pins, not pix) and a list of Wants and let you do all the work for me I mean continue to experience the joy of trading ....

Back