• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Men are such beasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Men are such beasts

Disneychildwithin

No Disney Character Left Behind Proclaimer
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Can anybody tell if either of these is fake/real? Thanks in advance.
af42bef89f05dbda2d122db8a36ad725.jpg
a8cd94df4e783eeacb1dad97e92001fa.jpg
9af862b27459fb0f67eb061bfcc60524.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
First off, awesome thread title.

Second, in my opinion, the left one looks more authentic than the right. The words are more defined, and the right one has a very small edge around the back pebbling, kind of like a border around the waffle. However, they both have oddities that lead me to believe they might both be scrappers (the nose especially, and the lack of crispness on the B of Beast).

I would say the opposite, lettering and spacing of the text boxes and logo looks more consistent on the right pin, plus the spikes are on the pin itself and not the post. It may just be the pictures but the color consistency of the enamel on the right pin also looks better.

Do you have a caliper to measure the thickness of it? When I measured the one's I had that I thought were real had around .171 in thickness vs fake which is .151 in. I think the right looks better on the back, especially with that double small post. The font looks right on the back of that one too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I say neither one is authentic. I compared them both to the one on pinpics and there are several subtle differences. Without getting too wordy, the left eyelid on the left one connects and shouldn’t, the arc on the left eyebrow appears off on both, the blue strap over the shoulder looks likes it connects to the collar instead of running alongside it (on both), and there appear to be only 5 eyelashes on the left eye of the left pin (compared to 6 on the pinpics one) and the eyelashes on the right one are indistinguishable. It’s tough to explain some of the other subtleties. The colors are very different, but that could be the camera used to take the pictures.

I say neither one is authentic. I compared them both to the one on pinpics and there are several subtle differences. Without getting too wordy, the left eyelid on the left one connects and shouldn’t, the arc on the left eyebrow appears off on both, the blue strap over the shoulder looks likes it connects to the collar instead of running alongside it (on both), and there appear to be only 5 eyelashes on the left eye of the left pin (compared to 6 on the pinpics one) and the eyelashes on the right one are indistinguishable. It’s tough to explain some of the other subtleties. The colors are very different, but that could be the camera used to take the pictures.

Wow, you have some crazy good eyes! Thank you...I might just have you look through a bunch of my pins. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back