• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Met Scoop Sanderson Today!! (and got an autographed Continuing the Tradition pin:))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Met Scoop Sanderson Today!! (and got an autographed Continuing the Tradition pin:))

MomeRathsOutgrabe

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I met Scoop for the first time today at the Magic Kingdom! I bumped into him a little after 2:00 pm on Thursday afternoon on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom. This was definitely the highlight of this trip so far.

As background, when I saw him, there was another pin trader with him who was kind of treating him like a human pin board. When I had the chance, I politely introduced myself, said I had heard of him and was excited to meet him. He didn't have a lot of pins on him, but I traded with him and gave him a fairly nice pin in trade (which was, of course, immediately scooped up by that other pin trader;(

Anyways, when I started to take my leave, he stopped me and said he wanted to give me a signed Continuing the Tradition pin. He also used it as a teachable pin trading moment, making a big deal of it, and asking the crowd around us to guess why he was giving me the pin. After numerous wrong guesses from the bystanders, he said he was giving it to me because I introduced myself and offered him a nice pin in trade. It was pretty awesome. And then I got a nice photo of him giving me the pin. Great start to a great trip.

Congrats!!! He really is so lovely to meet!
Well done on being, well a normal human being and introducing yourself! I saw a lot of people like you said who treat him like a human pin board and just clean out all his nice pins because they know he'll have them :(
When I met him once Scoop was so kind and asked a kid who was just walking by if he wanted to trade and this mean older male pin trader got all pissed off because the kid "wasn't in the line so he doesn't want to trade". He was just annoyed the kid might take a nice pin -___-

Congrats!

I have to see him when I'm next at WDW, which isn't for 2 years :( I missed seeing him when I first went.

We met him when we were there. He was such a nice person. My little one got one of his
pins for waiting patiently while he traded with some other pin traders. My older one got
to choose off his "good" lanyard because she said Please may I trade with you. He is
exceptional and a wonderful part of Disney.

I love Scoop! My husband and I are both continuing the tradition pin holders. I'm the pin trader in our family but my husband loves Scoop and has traded with him several times. He always makes us feel welcome and goes out of his way to be magical! Congrats!

Congrats! Someday I'm gonna get me that Continuing the Tradition pin! :)

I met Scoop this past January, but I totally wasn't expecting to, so I just had a lanyard of old HMs and booster OEs to trade. He was really nice, and encouraged me to trade, but I felt kind of bad about it, and still do :p He always has so many great pins.

Ahh very, very nice!! What a great Disney memory!! :rock: Although I've never met Scoop, I know he is an amazing person! He was in Disneyland (CA) a few years back but I couldn't get there to meet him :( ... Some day I, too, hope to meet the amazing Scoop Sanderson! Congrats on your Continuing the Tradition pin! :bigthumb: They are amazing reminders of true Disney memories!

Alright, so I know a little bit about Scoop - and your trading experience with him sounds SO awesome...(!) - but I am sure many people on the forum don't, or like me, don't know much. Could someone give a little biography on him? Like how he got started as Disney's super pin trader? Also, I have an ignorant question...when you say "signed pin," do you mean he autographed it on the back with a sharpie or something? Or is it a pin with special embossing on the back, like nicer jewelry is considered "signed" if the maker's name is stamped onto it?

Who is scoop?Does he dress in a costume like Mickey Mouse and the gang?

Though I cannot provide much on the history, Scoop Sanderson is a face character that may be found on Main Street USA in WDW. His character is that of a newspaper reporter, however he is better known as the resident pin ambassador and pin guru... Not to mention one heck of a nice guy. He is out only limited times, so it is truly a treat to catch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back