Minnie Mouse The Main Attraction New Collectible Series

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by DisneyJ, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Haunted575

Haunted575 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

No luck for me on the pins!

I did manage to get the plush . I’m a grown up but I really wanted that plush and I need some Disney mail to look forward to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DisneyJ, gargress and caw caw rawr like this.
  2. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Watch the website - the pins might become available again. If/when stores open, they should have this set too.

“and once Disney Stores (and Disney Parks) reopen again, the full collection will be available there, as well.”

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    caw caw rawr and Haunted575 like this.
  3. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    96   0   0

Yeah - waiting to get once stores/parks re-open. #stayingoptimistic

Cheshirecat26 and DisneyJ like this.
  4. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

The pins are still showing available, but when I put them in my cart... no luck moving forward with the purchase... Ugh!

gargress likes this.
  5. gargress

gargress (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ First Time @ DLR: Sept 2020! *:・゚✧ DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Same! (u___u)

6. stratasfan

stratasfan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Plush and mug are available online right now!

7. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

I just checked and pins were back. Before I could buy... they were unavailable again.

Its like Disney torcher.

gargress likes this.
  8. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0

Hallelujah. I was starting to stress about the dreaded cancellation email... I just barely got my shipping confirmation. Why are these blowing up all of the sudden? Is it just because we're all stuck at home? It was a nice easy online purchase the first 2 months. I'm starting to dread the rest of the year...

9. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

It's that, but also a significant amount of the physical inventory was already shipped to the stores which closed before the release. My understanding: That inventory will stay there until stores reopen. Thus demand for pins stayed the same** (or went up because we are healthy but bored) but the supply went down... since less pin sets were available over the weekend. If the covid-19 issues end before the April release... It should be easier to get these pin sets again for the April release and March will just be a black eye to those not lucky enough to get a set.

Worst case: March was v. Cute... Cuteist so far. So I imagine there will continue to be a small uptick in demand each month... But the April experience should come down significantly from the peak demand we are seeing for March.

Of course... there is also the factor of people/resellers who do not really understand supply and demand and will not realize why March sold out so fast and April will end up being over the top too. But I am going to stay optimistic and say if this is over in 3.5 weeks all will be normal in the world again.

**When I say demand stayed the same, this includes the people who usually travel to stores to gain the pins. So you could also say... online demand went up, but the supply of pins online stayed the same. Either way... the supply -vs- demand curve was changed dramatically by the closure of the brick and mortar stores.

(Sorry... Econ minor in college… I just really enjoy thinking about the whys and wherefores.)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    gargress and caw caw rawr like this.
  10. gargress

gargress (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ First Time @ DLR: Sept 2020! *:・゚✧ DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Just tried to get them too, and after I added the pins to my cart, I got the out of stock message. (i____i)

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  11. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

Truly sucks.

12. stratasfan

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Just an observation. I was really impressed with the looks and quality of the January Space Mountain set. Really nice pins!

Sis' pin set (March series) just arrived (poorly packed from Disney - simply stuck in a too large mylar envelope with no packing, and the backing card is totally creased and bent!). I was surprised at how poor quality they look. At a simple first glance, they look worse than a lot of scrappers I've seen/have. The attraction tea cup in particular. The edges are rather rough looking and the enamel is poor and the enamel detail is rather raised. Very cheap looking pins, IMO.

Just my thoughts, now!

13. SoraPandora

SoraPandora I'm SoraPandora again!

Rating - 100%
    154   0   0

Sorry to hear that. So disappointing!

14. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0

And @stratasfan experience, along with a couple of other friends and Myself, plus DS purchasing requirements for Free shipping is what keeps me from buying items.

So sorry to hear this @stratasfan

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

15. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

I will say that outside of website challenges, we were pleased with the results. Of course, I definitely prefer the in store experience over online. I do not mind standing in line for hours....I actually enjoy it.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  16. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

Thank you for the review... sounds very disappointing.

17. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

Honestly I think this pin set in particular has quite the incredible story. They were clearly produced in China and shipped for our orders in the middle of the biggest global pandemic in the last century, when the parks and world stopped and the only way we could satisfy our Disney craving was through shopDisney. The QA of the pin, the crease in the backing card, are all part of that story, that history, this incredible journey...I just got mine but haven’t pulled them out of the Mylar...I just know I will look at them in amazement for what they likely went through to get to me... if only those pins could talk.

IMHO...

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  18. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0

Well stated, Itza.

Please do let us know.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

ItzaPinfan likes this.
  19. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

@stratasfan I hope you are able to apply the positive spin as noted by @ItzaPinfan. This pin set could be you forever memory of these troubled times. :p

But you are also well within your rights to be disappointed with the quality received from a large, profitable corporation which could have made a different decision in these troubled times (ie, delaying the Minnie Attraction release for March.)

20. SoraPandora

SoraPandora I'm SoraPandora again!

Rating - 100%
    154   0   0

I really, really want a preview of May and June. Just to see them. I’m okay waiting on the actual products.

Peter Pan and the Tiki Room are two of my fav attractions, so I’m curious, even though I haven’t been impressed by any designs so far. (They’re doing Minnie dirty this year.)

[​IMG]

21. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

Space Mountain has been my favorite so far

SoraPandora likes this.
  22. stratasfan

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Peter Pan is one I'm really looking forward to, as well. Space Mountain was sooooooooo cute and really nice quality! I have been rather disappointed evre since. They sure started with a bang and then fell back into mediocrity! Just my opinion. I wasn't planning on collecting the series as a whole, but still . . . Sis was and we've been a bit disappointed, particularly with the pics of Small World!

23. stratasfan

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Well, maybe I'm a bit of a cynic, but I can't forgive the poor packing just because of corona. No excuse. So, points down for Disney's warehouse packing department. You paid for an item, you should get it in the shape they sell it as. That means new. When they are just OE pins on packing cards . . . no prob. It doesn't matter. These, however are being sold as collectible items on a card, knowing the card will be kept. Poor packing is poor packing. Bottom line.

The poor quality pin . . . no difference. They sent the specs for this pin before corona ever hit, and probably already had the proofs and these were no doubt made before corona. So, disappointing. The thing that is a cool thing that it still was available during these times is that Disney is still selling online. However, that doesn't give them any points for bad packing and/or bad QC.

Again . . . just my two cents. I really love the Space Mountain ones. It is just disappointing at how quickly the set fell from really cool to another run-of-the-mill ho-hum series.

I still have hopes for PEter Pan, Jungle Cruise and the Castle, though!

24. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins The Llama Lady (aka Alpaca Ann)

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

OMG don't even talk to me about April. It's a Small World is one of my favorite rides, but that plush looks like a pastel psychedelic nightmare. This is also my birth month, ha, so it would have been nice to get a treatsy but no thanks.

I'm curious to see some of the upcoming ones. Impulse purchases possible but IDK without seeing the goods! :D

25. stratasfan

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

So far, I think the mugs are really a fun thing. It would be cool (if you needed or had room for more Disney mugs . . . which are one of the best-ever Disney souvenirs!) to have gone for one of each mug and had them as your place setting drinkware!