• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Mondo Pins

Mondo Pins
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I made the mistake of not ordering my Caballeros set earlier and they sold out. Fair enough, that's my bad for my poor decision. However I was browsing Facebook, and saw an ad for them. I clicked it out of sheer curiosity and got excited when it took me to the Mondo site, and it showed Jose and Panchito as being back in stock. I assumed they'd either increased their initial order, or people had canceled on them. I tried to check out eight separate times, emptied and refilled my cart each time, and closed and opened a new browser window, and the first three times the payment wouldn't go through on PayPal. I tried to checkout without using PayPal, and it suddenly said they were out of stock. I went through the above process several times, and even though they're still OoS, they're not listed as such on the site, and it still lets you add to cart.

I'm upset because I got my hopes up for nothing. Is this standard for Mondo? To not announce these are limited edition and to not properly label stock? I kept seeing their pins everywhere and thought they were super cute but the process is not super cute. Am I doing something wrong? Expecting too much? I see their disclaimer but that disclaimer is an awful excuse for not properly labeling stock like this.

Just wondering if I should bother with them again. Did anyone else run into frustration trying to order from them?

Are they? That's too bad! The designs are cute. A shame it's not that great an option.

Quality is top notch. They are not ‘soft’ enamel. The reason you see ‘soft’ enamel on eBay is because the artist who designed that set (steamboat Willie) name is ‘soft’

Quality is top notch. They are not ‘soft’ enamel. The reason you see ‘soft’ enamel on eBay is because the artist who designed that set (steamboat Willie) name is ‘soft’
Ah! I was hoping they were. All the more disappointing that their website is difficult to use. They at least sent a polite and sympathetic email back to my complaint. They said they weren't aware of that issue and notified their inventory manager so hopefully something is actually done to make ordering less frustrating. I understand them selling out, they're popular, but advertising sold out pins is the frustrating bit.

Mondo has pretty decent quality in my experience. I have the infinity gauntlet pin and have purchased a few of the Captain Marvel pins (both hard enamel). They do sell both hard and soft enamel and usually the listing will say which one it is. I remember the Mickey 90th and Sorcerer Mickey sold out really quick, I think it just depends on the characters and their popularity (kinda surprised the three caballeros sold out quickly). What's frustrating with their other merchandise is people use bots, making it difficult to purchase from them sometimes especially posters.

Back