• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Mulan birthstone pin - does it get this discolored?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mulan birthstone pin - does it get this discolored?

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
541   0   0
Browsing around ebay for Mulan pins to check out good deals (lol) when I came across a listing for the Mulan birthstone pin (which I already have).

Look at this picture!

$T2eC16dHJHIE9nysfCCHBRCVCdS!Bw~~60_3.JPG

I copied/pasted it from the ebay listing. Does it get this discolored?

I've always had trouble getting my scanner to scan pinks/purples correctly. I think that is what is going on in this picture. It's a scan, not a photo.

Ah, okay. Weird. When I had a flatbed scanner (sorry I gave it up), it took the colors fairly accurately. Usually I'd put a white piece of paper behind the 3-D object I wanted scanned.

I noticed this too and someone had mentioned that there were unauthorized pins for this series floating about. Dunno if that has anything truth there or not though, not trying to start a panic! >_<

From the way this pic looks I see a shadow behind the pin. I think it might be a scan too. I dont know if I have a pink pin but if I do I can test it with my scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back